Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Expressway error

Valentin Ichim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue with a VCS Expressway. I have no connection and the error on the front LCD is : "Missing LAN:eth3 "

Do you have any idea of this error ?

Thank you !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Valentin,

I'd recommend that you connect a PC to the serial console of the VCS, shut down the VCS and boot it up again while logging the output of the serial console and provide this log file to TAC for further analysis.

- Andreas

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Valentin Ichim
Level 1
Level 1

Front Alarm LED is off. No change after reboot or shutdown. Any idea before sending a message to TAC ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Valentin,

I'd recommend that you connect a PC to the serial console of the VCS, shut down the VCS and boot it up again while logging the output of the serial console and provide this log file to TAC for further analysis.

- Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I sent the serial log to TAC and the decision was hardware failure, so it will be proccessed a RMA.

Thank you for your help even I would preffer to receive a technical reson of this hardware failure from TAC.

Valentin

ricardorendon
Level 1
Level 1

I just had a similar case with a VCS, MISSING LAN:eth3 and e1000e - The NVM Checksum Is Not Valid, all we did was create a bootable FreeDOS USB with rufus, unpack the PREBOOT.EXE on it, then boot the VCS with the USB and run the following command “bootutil.exe -NIC=3 -DEFAULTCONFIG” on the third NIC which was the faulty one.

Great anwer ricardorendon, so with this procedure you problem was solved?