Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS expressway internal to external(Live ip) call

Dear Members,

Issue is I want to call other endpoints world wide which have Live ip, and similarly with out change gatekeeper setting i want to call my local endpoints too.

Note:

When i call to my local endpoints i register to the gatekeeper but when i make the live ip call i choose the Direct option. Can i able to do call in both end with out changing the setting.

Regards,

Syed Ahsan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I might be a bit lost on what you have and how it is configured, but on page 30 of this guide http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Control_with_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

the configuration needed to allow locally registered endpoints to call public IP addresses directly is explained. You only need to register your endpoints to your VCS using SIP or H323 (either one will be fine), and the VCS configuration takes care of the rest.

- Zac Colton

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Syed,

The only solution I see in your case is to configure your endpoint to use both protocols SIP and H323. You can use SIP to register to VCS and use H323 do call direct. Be aware that, when making a call, you will have to type sip:5000, for example, to make a call by using SIP towards VCS, because the default call protocol must to be set to H323, which will be used when you simply dial an IP address of internet, so the call will proceed directly without VCS.

I tested this scenario two times and it worked well. The issue is: you have to dial sip:, but you can put it on phonebook to be easier.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo,

i'm using only H-323 protocol, right now  i use the following procedure to make the internal and external call;

In internal call: I'm using Gatekeeper setting to register my local units and call to each other.

On external call: I sellect the direct option then call to LIVE IP.

Issue is we just want to configure one setting which call both systems simounteniously.

Becasue our 1 branch is'nt have live IP that's why they can reack us when we choose direct option.

Kindly assist me in this regard

Hi Syed,

Try to do what I suggested:

• Configure your system to register with VCS using SIP Protocol.
  • Configure your system to use H323 without gatekeeper (direct mode)
  • When you want to call an internal endpoint, dial sip:5000, for example, where 5000 is the e164 alias of the internal endpoint registered to VCS. So the call will be routed via VCS, because SIP is registered to VCS.
  • When you want to call internet, just dial the IP Address, the call will be routed directly without VCS

Note that I am suggesting it considering that your VCS is ready to properly route calls using SIP and H323, making interworking between both protocols.

Can you do that?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Dear Paulo,

Can you please share the detail setting step by step like SIP setting, and endpoint dialing method? i'm very thankful to you.

For Example,

My VCS IP is 202.141.247.204

and my remote site endpoint alias is: 92911000

Hi Syed,

First of all, let me know if your VCS is ready to route calls using SIP and H323 making interworking between both protocols. This is the first thing you have to check. Please, let me know.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Yes it is, they're routed call on both protocol

Hi Syed,

What is the SIP domain configured on VCS? This information is required to register any SIP endpoint to VCS.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Sorry for late reply

Actually my official timing is off but I'm working.on it.

Paulo the issue is occur in client end they're using cisco tandberg 6000 MXP, after your email I discus about the domain. He told me they don't have SIP server. They simply have endpoints and VCS. Can you please advise me the setting which is applicable for that sanerio? For any further query feel free to ask me

Regards,

Syed Ahsan

Hi Syed,

VCS is an H323/SIP Server. But in order to have SIP and H323 working on VCS, it must to be configured. It seems your VCS is only being used to H323. You need to confirm if your VCS is configured to work with SIP.

You don't need external SIP Server to do what i suggested, only VCS is required.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I might be a bit lost on what you have and how it is configured, but on page 30 of this guide http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Control_with_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

the configuration needed to allow locally registered endpoints to call public IP addresses directly is explained. You only need to register your endpoints to your VCS using SIP or H323 (either one will be fine), and the VCS configuration takes care of the rest.

- Zac Colton

Thanks for your KIND Help

with most accurate and short method you suggest which's highly appreciated.

My issue is resolved

outlooker
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have the H.323 NAT license installed on your VCS? if not ,try with GunGK first, and if you want to try Radvision's pathfinder feel free to let me know.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Craig Upton
Level 1
Level 1

Have you setup a search rule for AnyIPaddress on your VCS?