Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Expressway & movi 4.2 configuration

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have created movi account manually in the TMS, and it work fine with VCS - control.

However, It can't register to VCS-expressway. Is it compulsory to have a Name Authority Pointer record in DNS?

For example, we configure abc.com as SIP domain of VCS expressway,is it compulsory to resolve abc.com as public IP address of VCS expressway by DNS server?

Thank you,

Ben

18 Replies 18

Hi marwanshwai,

Provisioning supposed to replicate and distribute TMS provisioning information from TMS via VCS-C.

In this case, Movi user is located at home (in which case movi will located VCS-E), and subsequent provisioning messages to VCS-C.

TMS <->VCS-Control <->VCS-Expressways <->movi

Do you think the problem is firewall port usage between VCS-C and VCS-Expressway for the provisioning message?

On the other hand, I have checked some port usage in between replicating partner(such port 389,8787,4444,8989). However, these ports are probably used for cisco TMS agent between TMS and VCS.

Ben,

I was in the exact same boat.  My VCSC and VCSE showed up from the factory w/ licensing installed.  It turns out that Provisioning and Find Me licensing were both shipped on Express as well as on Control.  I had a partner bundle, so I don't think this wouldn't be a normal situation, but you could recreate it if you installed licensing in the incorrect place.  I removed Provisioning and Find Me from Expressway, ran "xconfiguration SIP Routes" on the Expressway, and it worked like a champ.

J

Joshua, you are a lifesaver.  I couldn't figure out why Movi was failing to the VCS-E and working fine to VCS-C.  I too got my VCS appliances using ATP partner SKUs and they came with licenses pre-installed.  I just looked and sure enough, device provisioning was installed on Expressway (which I would have never added if I started from scratch).  I deleted the provisioning option key and Movi now registers through the VCS-E as expected.

As a side note, dual network interfaces were pre-installed as well. Even though I never configured the IPs or plugged in a network cable on LAN2, these interfaces caused random problems with TMS agent replication until I deleted the DI option key.

Thanks!

Dane

Dane,

I'm very glad my scar tissue was put to good use!

Cheers,

J