Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS reports software issue after IP change

msloan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I changed the IP from the front panel of our lab VCS and now when I try to login I get the following messages:

VCS login: admin

Password:

Last login: Wed Jun 12 09:08:55 EDT 2013 on ttyS0

2 alarms:

* error     Application failed - An unexpected software error was detected in hwstatus.py: Received a URLError exception while trying to update the hw Status information

* warning   Date and time not validated - The system is unable to obtain the correct time and date from an NTP server

Run install wizard [n]: n

[10451] Failed t

The front panel is reporting software errors:

MISSING LAN:eth2

MISSING LAN:eth3

I checked /etc/network/interfaces and there are no entries for eth2/3.

Does someone know how to troubleshoot this?  I checked out the python script it mentions and have run it verbose myself from the CLI and it hangs after a bit and does nothing.  I have not been able to find similar issues on any forum or documentation.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I took the same case two days ago, I opened a TAC support and it was necessary to replace the VCS appliance via RMA.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I took the same case two days ago, I opened a TAC support and it was necessary to replace the VCS appliance via RMA.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thanks, Paulo.  I don't know if we're covered on this one, I'll need to check.  I appreciate the quick reply.

Marty