Helpful
Replies

Video Conference

Toss Leey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have SX-80 multi-site License and SX-10 in branches,

-How many SX-80/10 support concurrent Video calls?

-what if i need more than 10 branches connect together video conference, what Products/Licenses needed?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With a multisite license, you can only host up to 4 participants in one conference, of those 4 participants the host is one of them.  In order to have a 10 participant conference, you'll either need multiple SX80s with the multisite license, or use an external MCU or TelePresence Server to host the conference.

Note: Your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed.  You can move your question to the correct section by editing it and changing the categories at the bottom.

Hi

So if i request three sx-80, will give me 12 conference call concurrent

Thank you

You would need up to 5 SX80s, to connect 12 participants together.  Just to make the links from one SX80 to another would require a call be used on the multisite licenses, remember you only get 4 total, and one of those 4 is the endpoint hosting the call.

If you want 12 participants in one conference, you're best to purchase an MCU or TelePresence Server, because you'll loos a lot of resources connecting all of the codecs together to get the capacity you'd want.

so by sx-80 even if i have up to 5, i can't connect 12 participate in one conference, Right?

Thank you

You can get 12 participants connected with 5 SX80s.  I quickly did the math, and as you increase the number of multisite codecs, you could even use 4 SX80s, just depends on how you create all the links to bridge the codecs together.  However, the resulting management of the calls would be a nightmare for even those that have conferencing experience - I wouldn't want to manage it.  With that said, I can't stress enough, a dedicated external conferencing bridge would be the best solution.