Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Portal Login

paulhardy
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I am trying to get Video Portal up and running. I have installed DMM and have succesfully deployed content to various DMP's around the network. I would like to get video portal working. I have installed and integrated into DMM and the replication status says GOOD. I have installed the license file as well. When I then go to the DMM web pages and click on the video portal page. It takes me to another DMM login pages. Looks slightly differnent but I cant login

No matter how many time i install and what usernames i try it wont accept them. Doen anyone have the same issues or any advice.

Thanks

Paul

18 Replies 18

Great news!

Now you can start doing the fun stuff :>

Hello everybody...

Just like you I went through all this, but I'm working on version 5.0

It was the same problem, and with some help of a coworker we found out that. But now there is an other problem. I got both servers in the DNS server I ping them to their names and both respond. But when I tried to go to Video Portal Reports in the VP it takes me back to a DMM loggin screen... and guess what? It doesn't accept my passwords nor previous combinations. I used the same logic I recall one of the passwords I typed then in the SQL screen but did not work.

Any suggestion or similar experience with this?

Once I got the FQDN's registered in DNS, it still didn't work correctly. But since this was early in the building process anyway, I just nuked and rebuilt my DMM and VP AFTER the FQDN's were built, and everything worked swimmingly.

There may be a better answer out there, but given that it only took me an hour or two to rebuild both systems from scratch, that was about the quickest approach.

When I did my upgrade from VP 5.1 to Show and Share 5.2

it reset the AAI to appadmin/appadmin

Took me 3 days to finaly figure this out! When you login to the AAI you can set the user name and password and start all the services to access the WEB portion.

Good Luck!!