Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice only between CUCM and VCS

Darryl Attwood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am attempting to configure a SIP trunk between our CUCM 8 server and our VCS 5 server. I am able to get voice working oth ways however no video. If I add the VCS as a h323 gateway I can make calls from the CUCM to VCS however the VCS says registration failed when trying to pass calls towards CUCM.

I have followed the guide at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X6.pdf for the setup. Can someone advise if there is something that I may have missed?

Regards,

Darryl

4 Replies 4

Darryl Attwood
Level 1
Level 1

The CUCM handsets are 8945 running SCCP.

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darryl. X5 is quite old at the moment. Currently X7 is most current. Alot of fixes and enhancements along the way. Anyhow, are you trying to place h323 call from VCS to CUCM? The guide is about establishing SIP trunk to CUCM which is recommended way.

Are you trying to run H323 versus SIP?

What type of system are you connecting to on VCS side would help as well?

VR
Patrick.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

You can't add a Cisco VCS like a H323 Gateway in CUCM, you need to configure a Trunk SIP between Cisco VCS and CUCM.

Maybe, It can be due to incompatibility issues, BUGs,...

See the Configuration Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X7-0.pdf

Too, like other collegaue, I recommend to upgrade to the last version of Cisco VCS.

Darryl Attwood
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply guys.I tried both SIP and H323. With SIP calls went both ways but never video and I had the odd issue of no voice occasionally. With H323 I had reliable one way dialing from CUCM to VCS with voice and video however the VCS couldn't register to CUCM. We are running CUCM 8 which is fairly up to date however the VCS being version 5 probably isn't helping.

I was trying various endpoints including movi clients, physical endpoints and conference bridges.

Within the month the Tanberg system is being replaced by a Polycom solution so I've stopped investigating the issue for now.

Thanks,

Darryl

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: