cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP w/external POTS analog Voice mail integration HELP!

cgregg
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CME on a 2620XM (IOS 2.3(11T) with a 1760 (IOS 12.3(5a) Gateway housing (4) 4-Port FXO cards.

I have 3 users that have voice mail thru the Phone Company and after the CCM Express implementation, will still need to have their respective Phone Company provided voice mail, which normally kicks in after 4 rings.

The problem I am having is when an outside call comes over one of the 3 lines requiring POTS voicemail via the 1760 FXO ports in the Gateway then to CCME and finally the end user phone, voice mail never kicks in. The phone just rings until the timeout expires, which I have expanded.

They way I understand it to be is that the analog line coming is should roll over to voice mail automatically with out CCME rerouting. However, could this be a problem because the Phone Company sees the line as answered once the FXO port has picked it up?? And if so, could this be a signaling problem??

Thanks in advance,

Curt

2 Replies 2

majszakm
Level 1
Level 1

Curt, I'm assuming you probably already came up with a solution since posting this. One thing I was going to mention on this was doing a "connection plar" but using the "opx" parameter which will ring the other end without actually "answering" the call.

That is assuming the inbound call is via an FXO port......

Do you know how to make an MWI light based on a worbel tone being generated to the CME by the phone company on an FXO port? I have a very small client with voice mail being provided by the CO. I would really like to just turn on a MWI in the event that a voicemail is left on the external system. Once message is reviewed the CO stop the worbel. They trun the MWI off.