cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

We have a SX20 that won't stop restarting...

Jason Tintes
Level 1
Level 1

I have open a TAC ticket, we have tested power supply, we have factory reset and I have done Restore from backup but none of that helped. I have also sent them the logs. Codec still keeps restarting, It will restart connect and stay up for about a minute or two and then start the reboot process again. Is there anything that I can try or is this codec toast? 

thanks,

Jason 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My guess is you'll have to RMA it. I would suggest a SW upgrade (or downgrade, you didn't mention what version you are running), but from your description it doesn't sound like it will stay online nearly long enough to do that, so a replacement will likely be required. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My guess is you'll have to RMA it. I would suggest a SW upgrade (or downgrade, you didn't mention what version you are running), but from your description it doesn't sound like it will stay online nearly long enough to do that, so a replacement will likely be required. 

Jason Tintes
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Patrick... the codec is at version 8.2.2 and it has finally been approved to be RMA'd. I was thinking while waiting to hear back from TAC that I could maybe try something but it looks like the codec is toast. 

thanks again for you response...

Jason 

kikiluv13
Level 1
Level 1

My SX20 keeps restarting during software upgrade, please help.

You'll need to open a ticket if you still have a support contract - that will likely need to be replaced.