Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex conferrence call

Hello everyone, i am a new to Cisco Webex and collaboration.

i have a question,

i have a Cisco SX10 in one of my office, i try to call to a meeting room in Webex, i can call but i cannot see anything from the SX10(connected to a HDMI Monitor) while when i using my laptop to join into the meeting room, i can see clearly the video call from the SX10, when i check the call details from the  SX10 it shown like in the picture.

really appreciate if someone can help guide me to do this.

Thank you,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is your SX-10 registered to a call control platform such as CUCM or VCS; or, are you doing a direct dial?

If the latter, you need to understand that IP address and UDP port information is embedded in the application layer of the packet. This is a problem if the device has an RFC1918 address that is NATed. You have a few options:

1. Assign the codec a very strong password and then place it directly on the public internet without NAT.

2. Use a NAT device capable of protocol inspection that can rewrite the IP and port information at the application later (aka OSI Layer 7). This will only work for non-secure calls.

3. Configure static/identity 1:1 NAT instead of PAT/overload and then use a few commands on the codec:

xConfiguration H323 NAT Mode: Auto

xConfiguration H323 NAT Address: <public-IPv4-address>

4. Register the codec to a call control platform. If you do not have one on-premises be aware that you can register it directly to Webex if your subscription supports it. This has a lot of advantages, including avoiding the NAT issues above and automatic firmware upgrades.

View solution in original post

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Dialing WebEx from a laptop and through a telepresence endpoint is totally different.

So now coming to your SX10, please let me know if it is registered to some call agent (like CUCM or VCS) or it is a standalone endpoint?

If it is a standalone endpoint
Then either you should use a public IP on endpoint or a Nated ip and the following ports should be open on firewall-
+++++++++++++++
For H.323:
Gatekeeper Discovery (RAS) - Port 1719 - UDP
Q.931 call Setup - Port 1720 - TCP
H.245 - Port Range 5555-5574 - TCP for Static

For SIP 5060/5061- TCP
Video - Port Range 2326-2485 - UDP
Audio - Port Range 2326-2485 - UDP
Data/FECC - Port Range - 2326-2485 - UDP
++++++++++++++
Also if you are using H323 then mode should be direct and if you are using SIP then public DNS should be configured on endpoint.

There are many discussions on community if you search with word "Standalone"

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is your SX-10 registered to a call control platform such as CUCM or VCS; or, are you doing a direct dial?

If the latter, you need to understand that IP address and UDP port information is embedded in the application layer of the packet. This is a problem if the device has an RFC1918 address that is NATed. You have a few options:

1. Assign the codec a very strong password and then place it directly on the public internet without NAT.

2. Use a NAT device capable of protocol inspection that can rewrite the IP and port information at the application later (aka OSI Layer 7). This will only work for non-secure calls.

3. Configure static/identity 1:1 NAT instead of PAT/overload and then use a few commands on the codec:

xConfiguration H323 NAT Mode: Auto

xConfiguration H323 NAT Address: <public-IPv4-address>

4. Register the codec to a call control platform. If you do not have one on-premises be aware that you can register it directly to Webex if your subscription supports it. This has a lot of advantages, including avoiding the NAT issues above and automatic firmware upgrades.

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Dialing WebEx from a laptop and through a telepresence endpoint is totally different.

So now coming to your SX10, please let me know if it is registered to some call agent (like CUCM or VCS) or it is a standalone endpoint?

If it is a standalone endpoint
Then either you should use a public IP on endpoint or a Nated ip and the following ports should be open on firewall-
+++++++++++++++
For H.323:
Gatekeeper Discovery (RAS) - Port 1719 - UDP
Q.931 call Setup - Port 1720 - TCP
H.245 - Port Range 5555-5574 - TCP for Static

For SIP 5060/5061- TCP
Video - Port Range 2326-2485 - UDP
Audio - Port Range 2326-2485 - UDP
Data/FECC - Port Range - 2326-2485 - UDP
++++++++++++++
Also if you are using H323 then mode should be direct and if you are using SIP then public DNS should be configured on endpoint.

There are many discussions on community if you search with word "Standalone"

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

thanks for the info, the SX10 now can call into the webex meeting room, i just realise that i have to change the NAT address, so after i change its all working fine now, thank you.