Views
Helpful
Replies

webex kit multisite license

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears 

I planning to quote a Webex room kit for the 4 sites, 1 no's of HO and 4 branches , i will be using telepresence ISDN link with PRI to call remote site.

my plan is as below

1.  One conference point to point between HO and Branch A doesn't require license
  2. I will buy license  L-ROOM-PAK ( Main part number)  with  L-KIT-MS quantity 3 no's , why 3 no's is becz Branch B, C,D,
  3. multi site conference will be initiated from HO only to get Branch A, B,C,D into the video conference.
  4. Branch B,C,D doesn't require any multi site license becz HO will always initiate multi site conference calls

Please confirm to me the above thoughts are correct. also please find the attached license screenshot.

thanks

2 Replies 2

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

I'm confused about your description - you say four sites, but then in your description you have 1 HO plus four branches - that's five sites. If it's really five, you have a problem because the Multisite on a Room Kit only support four sites. The Room Kit Pro can do five - if that's your number you might want to go with that at the HO site. If one site is always going to be hosting these meetings, you don't need the Multisite option key on any other than that site. You seem to think you need one MS license for every call you want to make, that is not the case, the MS license enables the MS on the device, your number of calls then are limited by the capability of the unit. 

I'm also not clear on the ISDN piece - are you going to put ISDN Links at all sites? One PRI is not going to give you very high quality calls to those other four sites - you should consider the internet as your WAN rather than ISDN. You could buy these endpoints at the MSRP price with subscriptions to register them to the Webex Cloud and use the cloud for your Multisite needs, you will have far better call quality and a far lower capital investment, granted with monthly fees going forward, but it's going to be a better solution that what you're suggesting, if I'm understanding you correctly. 

Hope this helps - please clarify your ideas and I'll respond again. 

Dear PM jack

thanks for the reply,

1. i apologize for the typo , i mean to say it is 1 HO and 3 branches, and i got the answer from your explanation.
  2. I was mentioning here about telepresence ISDN Link please refer to this link. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-isdn-link/index.html
  3. It has one PRI interface for which telco will provide me the ISDN number from which i can make multi site calls,  
  4. WAN solution is good but to increase the WAN bandwidth will increase the cost, ISDN primary will be according to the usage.
  5. Cloud subscription is not allowed in the country.

Regards

Adam