cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Room Kit Plus & Multisite Option

weitekamp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! We have three "Cisco Webex Room Kit Plus" and one multisite option. The multisite option is installed on one device and active, but we can't talk in a conferenze. The Option to add someone to the conference is not there.
Is there a how to oder a manual that explain the installation of the option? Something is wrong, but I don't kno what.

8 Replies 8

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using a call control platform (CUCM, VCS, Cloud), or are the endpoints configured as standalone?  

When you are trying to dial the other endpoints in to your conference, are you using the endpoint that has the multisite licence on it to do all the dialling (as it's the only one that is capable of hosting a multisite conference)?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for your replay.

We use the cloud.

I use the device with the multisite option to create a conference. But on the touch 10 is no add button or something like that. 

That would be why then. The Multisite Licence is only applicable for on-Prem registered endpoints. It doesn’t work for cloud registered endpoints.
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Oh no! This is what our Cisco seller has sold us. I will call him again. I think he has no idea what he does. That's the reason why i post here, too.

Now the last question, before I call him. Is it possible with the cloud solution and if yes, what license I need?

You essentially need all the endpoints to dial in to a central meeting space rather than dialling each one from one of the others as you would do if they were on-prem devices.

Wayne

As you stated the Multisite license doesn't work when cloud registered. Does the +1 audio capabilities that don't require multisite license work when cloud registered? Do you know if this is documented anywhere? I was unable to find this limitation documented anywhere.

When the endpoint is registered in to the Cloud it can use any features that are provisioned in the admin portal. 

Wayne

seventeen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Wayne DeNardi @gbeelitz2010 ,

I have a Room kit device registered in my CUCM and I want to activate the multiste option (Joining more than one usere in the same call) and I do have already purchased the license, so I have some questions :

1) Is there any configuration that's needed to be completed in order to activate this option, if yes , does this configuration should be done over the CUCM or over the Room Kit device or over both of them?

2) The device that will be added in the call must have this license too ? or only the host ?

Thanks in advance.