Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Room Kit Plus connect with client software

WinLing
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to call into Cisco codec plus directly from my Windows 10 desktop.

I can use the software (Polycom RealPresence Desktop for Windows 10) to call into Cisco codec plus successfully.

Q1: Would you please give me another suggestion to replace the Polycom RealPresence Desktop for Windows 10 ?

Q2: By the way, does Cisco has their own software which can call into Cisco code plus directly ?

Thanks for your reply.

3 Replies 3

You would need share a bit more information for anyone to be able to give you any quality answer on this. For example what call control system are the system connected with or is it a standalone system?

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply.

My codec plus with multisite license, it’s a standalone system.

All I want to achieve is just using client software to connect Cisco code plus directly via IP address, no matter by H.323 or SIP.

Does Cisco have this kind of client software which can call into Cisco code plus directly via IP address ?

If Cisco doesn’t have, what’s the client software be suggested.

Cisco does have software to accomplish this action. However you will need to purchase and configure. Options below:

• Assign an E.164 number to the endpoint and expand your dial plan
  • Cisco Jabber software
  • Webex Teams

*also I believe if you coordinate the call from the endpoint you may be able to join everyone in that way as you can dial out ....its the dial in that is tougher.