cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is needed to configure color on CTS-DISP-65-GEN4?

samxthomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CTS-DISP-65-GEN4 65" Plasma Display that I got for very cheap.  The color quality and level of contrast in this display as well as the general build quality definitely speaks volumes of Cisco.  I need to configure color on it though, since it is too warm for what I'm using it for.  I would like the ability to adjust the color temperature, and R/G/B Gain/Bias.  From what I can find, you can't adjust these settings directly on the display itself.  It seems that you need the Codec for a TX series Telepresence system, which needs to be connected to the display, and then you can ssh into the Codec and use the CLI to change color settings.  Is this correct?  Also, is the VGA port on the screen what the codec uses to communicate with the display?  From what I can tell, it's not even a VGA port, only one being utilized for some sort of proprietary purpose.  I could be wrong though.  I am not familiar with these systems, but I'd just like to be able to figure this out since I plan on keeping this thing until it dies.  It makes an excellent space heater as well.

If I could get away with not having to buy the codec, that would be great, but unless I could get some sort of full reference of the digital logic sent to the display to configure color settings, I don't think it's possible for me to figure it out on my own.  If I could get a full reference of the logic used, I could definitely rig up something to get it to work though.  Not sure if any Cisco engineers on here could provide me with that information, though.

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Any luck finding out how to adjust brightness/contrast/colors? I have a GEN3.

Thanks!