Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What's the correct E20 Software Version

Hello.  I have an E20 that I'm trying to configure.  After logging in as 'root' via the console cable connected to the handset port, I've got a problem.  When I input the IP address information via the touchpad and reboot, it doesn't write that to the unit.  When I'm logged in as root to verify, I see that I still don't have an IP address assigned to eth0.  When I hard code one in via 'root' to eth0, the interface comes up and it works.  Then, and only then, can I web browse to the E20. 

I'm running software version TE4.1.1.273710 which is what it came with.  Is there a newer version and if so, please provide the link.  I don't have any other images saved on the device. 

The only way that I was able to get it back to factory defaults successfully was to use this command from the (dated) "Telepresence Endpoint Technical Handbook": rm /mnt/base/active/config.db.

Note: the correct syntax should be rm /mnt/base/active/configuration/config.db

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You shouldn't need to unzip the pkg file, just upload that file to the e20 via its webpage, or whatever your usual method is for upgrades.

Thanks,
Guy

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

Use firefox, see that you are in the same network and that you do not use a proxy, that should work fine.

The copy process on the e20 is not the fastest but I would say within <<15 min it should be flashed and

the system should restart.

Not sure if it was chrome or opera which also supported a progress indicator with time, but I only red that once

and never tried it myself.

I prefer using scp as I feel I have the most control over it.

Try this (you might have to adjust the filename s52100te4_1_1.pkg mentioned):

1. Open WinSCP (for Windows PC, MAC has similar application for SCP file transfer) and establish the connection with E20.
    (if  you don’t know the IP address of E20, execute “ifconfig eth0” command  and look for “inet addr” where you can find current IP address on E20).
  2. Upload E20 software to /tmp directly (assume you are upgrading E20 to TE4.1.1, s52100te4_1_1.pkg)
  3. Wait for complete of file transfer
  4. Execute “mv /tmp/s52100te4_1_1.pkg /upgrade/pkg” command
  5. SW upgrade automatically start (check software upgrade progress via console port)
  6. After complete the software upgrade, execute “reboot” command from console port.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2176874#3760350

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

Te4.1.1 is the latest software I can see here - ftp://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/endpoints/te/te4/

You can also factory reset the unit by pressing the following key sequence:
* * # #

Guy-  I reset to factory defaults several times.  It didn't work.  There were still remnants of my initial configuration.  The only way to wipe it "clean" was to delete the config.db file.  However, even after I did that, and the unit rebooted, after I selected "English" as the language, it had the old IP as the system name.  Yes, as the system name.

Hi Anthony,

I have one suggestion for this issue, that downgrade it to TE4.0.0 and reset and try to configure it again.

Upgrade software to TE4.1.1 and let me know whether it work.

It might be due to some reason Software image is not behaving properly, we observed some random behaviour like this and by following this steps, issue resolved.

Regards,

Vivek

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony.

This is a known issue.

From the CDeTS: CSCub40394

Symptom

E20s don't get static IP address.

Condition

Running TE4.1.1

Workaround

With DHCP on, Downgrading to TE4.0.0, reconfigure to static IP, and then upgrade to TE4.1.1 again.

This deviate is fixed in new software releases.

Thanks

//Marius

Thanks.  I'm trying to do the installation of the older software.  However, now the .pkg won't unarchive on my either my Mac or PC.

You shouldn't need to unzip the pkg file, just upload that file to the e20 via its webpage, or whatever your usual method is for upgrades.

Thanks,
Guy

This should be the last question.

How long should the upload take?  I'm trying to use the web interface of the device, but it timed-out with a java error.

So, from the CLI i did a tftp from E20 to my tftp server to 'get' the file.  How do I know if it actually transferred?  I don't see the file in the file list.  The logs on my tftp server don't show that the file was transferred either.  I may have to use winscp.

Use firefox, see that you are in the same network and that you do not use a proxy, that should work fine.

The copy process on the e20 is not the fastest but I would say within <<15 min it should be flashed and

the system should restart.

Not sure if it was chrome or opera which also supported a progress indicator with time, but I only red that once

and never tried it myself.

I prefer using scp as I feel I have the most control over it.

Try this (you might have to adjust the filename s52100te4_1_1.pkg mentioned):

1. Open WinSCP (for Windows PC, MAC has similar application for SCP file transfer) and establish the connection with E20.
    (if  you don’t know the IP address of E20, execute “ifconfig eth0” command  and look for “inet addr” where you can find current IP address on E20).
  2. Upload E20 software to /tmp directly (assume you are upgrading E20 to TE4.1.1, s52100te4_1_1.pkg)
  3. Wait for complete of file transfer
  4. Execute “mv /tmp/s52100te4_1_1.pkg /upgrade/pkg” command
  5. SW upgrade automatically start (check software upgrade progress via console port)
  6. After complete the software upgrade, execute “reboot” command from console port.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2176874#3760350

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I rebooted the system and it rebooted with version 4.0.0.  I'm not sure if the tftp I had started worked or if the web transfer worked since there was no indication on the E20.  I did get an indicator on the tftp server.