cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where does the domain get appended in a hybrid webex meeting?

bradatbcass
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I hope I'm explaining this right but I wondered where the domain gets appended in the SIP string when dialing into a WebEx meeting with a telepresence endpoint. Here's the workflow:

- Book meeting in Outlook and add webex meeting

- Add telepresence endpoint as a participant

- When joining the meeting, the Join button works on the endpoint

- Dialing into the meeting works if the user types the whole SIP string i.e. 12345678@ourdomain.webex.com

- If the user just types the meeting #, i.e. 12345678, the endpoint appends ourdomain.ca to the string and the call never connects

so my question is where does the ourdomain.ca come from, and how can I change it so ourdomain.webex.com auto-appends to the string?

Thanks,

Brad

4 Replies 4

If the Join button works, what is your actual problem?

Response Signature

If users want to join the meeting from another endpoint, I would like them to just be able to just be able to use the meeting number as opposed to typing the entire domain suffix (our domain is quite lengthy). I pointed out the Join button worked to demonstrate the endpoint was actually working fine in that scenario. Plus I'm interested to know where the incorrect domain is coming from

Anything added, if not using a macro on the endpoint, would likely be added in the Expressway that the call traverse to the Webex cloud service.

Response Signature

bradatbcass
Level 1
Level 1

I think I might have found it. Our endpoints are provisioned through CUCM and the SIP Directory URI for the endpoint is the "ourdomain.ca". Hat tip to Roger for directing me to the Expressway C; it is configured to use FQDN in SIP requests. I might try disabling provisioning of the endpoint and configure the SIP URI manually on the endpoint and I'll post the results