cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Whether we can install MX800 surrounded by such cupboard?

long.zhao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Please check the attached image. We'd like to build cupboard around the MX800 for our meeting room.

The questions is, we will setup the cupboard firstly, and then whether it is possible to install the MX800. There will be not too much space around the MX800.

And for such design, whether there would be some problem about heat dissipation for the MX800.

Thanks a lot

Kind regards,

Long

3 Replies 3

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't know if heat is a concern, but you will virtually eliminate serviceability of the unit. The panels on the left and right side come off so you can access the SX80 on the left or the power injector on the right, if you have cabinets there and you have a problem you will have no access to those sides without removing the cabinets. For that reason if you went ahead with this you'd probably need to reverse the order - mount the MX and make all the connections first, and then install the cabinets. 

I would not recommend boxing in the unit like this - just one time needing service would turn a small task into a huge one. 

Thank Patrick. I should explain more details. 

1. We do not have the SX80. only the MX800.

2. The MX800 will be mounted on the wall.

3. All cables will be connected from the red square to the table. You can find the red square in the attached image.

4. We can open the panel on the side to plug-in and out the cables.

How do you think about this design?

The codec in the MX800 is an SX80. Would your design allow for it to be removed if needed? It doesn't appear so. That's my main concern.