cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

xCommand to select layout

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

We're starting to use the API on the CE endpoints. After some initial success, we've hit a problem trying to control the layout in a CMS bridged call.

The xCommand "Video Layout LayoutFamily Set" only appears to change the layout of the local shared content. It doesn't do the bridge layout control.

Is there an (Official) API to do bridge control? If I look at the logs, I can see the Touch 10 uses the API call

"Experimental ActiveControl LayoutRequest CallId: 11 LayoutName: FocusedGrid" But the Experimental name gives a clue that maybe I shouldn't use that one.

Gordon.

Please rate all helpful posts.
3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't mention which model endpoints you are using, nor what software versions you are using on the endpoints or CMS, so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what you can do or not.  Depending on hardware models and software versions, what you can do varies.

On the endpoint, there are two layout controls that you can issue on the endpoint itself to control how it displays stuff locally, and how it displays what it sends to the far end.  Have a look at the SX20 Admin Guide for CE9.4 regarding the VIdeo DefaultLayoutFamily Local and Video DefaultLayoutFamily Remote settings for some commands which may help.   Note - this is just for that single endpoint, it does not control the bridge itself.  If you want to change the layout on the CMS, you would need to send DTMF tones in the call from the endpoint to the bridge to trigger the layout change (if you need to control it from the endpoint itself), or send API calls from somewhere else to the API of the CMS.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Ah, sorry for not being clearer. I'm not after configuring the bridge just the local layout of all the conference participants (Just like you can do via the Touch 10)

The endpoints are all using CE9.3 (But soon to be upgraded to 9.4)

Please rate all helpful posts.

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Also I am assuming you are also aware that there is a free tool CMM that can provide this functionality. I realize u want to do this via api but in case u felt the tool could help? Section 4

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/Cisco-Meeting-Management/User-Guide/Cisco-Meeting-Management-1-0-User-Guide-Video-Operator.pdf