Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS Upgrade

oilyas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good Evening All,

I was wondering if i can get any help please.

I got a customer they want to migrate VCS-C from version x5.2 to x8.5.1. Its a on-box migration. I belive they got a VCS-C appliance.

Now if i update to X8.5.1 do i need migration to some intermediate release or i can jump straight from x5 to x8. Allso if lets suppos ei get errors how an i role back to the same release of x5.2 on vcs-C box.

Any suggestion helps will be really apprreciated.

Thanks,,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can still upgrade the VCS appliance, the VCS software hasn't dropped support for the appliance yet.  If and when, that would be noted in the release notes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

For older VCS versions it is recommended to upgrade first to X7.n version before going to X8.n.

Make sure you have the correct release keys when upgrading to a new major release.

Refer to the link for your guideline. See page 10.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/release_note/Cisco-VCS-Release-Note-X8-5-1.pdf

Regards,

Acevirgil

To add to Acevirgil's reply, depending on if you're provisioning endpoints using TMS Agent Legacy, you'll need to migrate to TMSPE, prior to going all the way to version X8.x.  TMS Agent Legacy was replaced with TMSPE in the later versions, here is a link to it's Install Guides if you happen to be using TMS Agent Legacy.

Be sure to check all the release notes so you'll know of any changes and what to expect going from one version to another.

Also, the current version of VCS out today is X8.6, suggest you might consider upgrading to it instead of X8.5.1.

Thanks Gents for your reply.

But is it possible to upgrade the VCS Appliance to x8.5.1. I cant find any doc that explains what the absoulete max i can go on the appliance.

Any help please

Thanks

You can still upgrade the VCS appliance, the VCS software hasn't dropped support for the appliance yet.  If and when, that would be noted in the release notes.