cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS 1000: what is the main difference between single combined and single split server deployment on virtualized environment perpective ?

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

I have only one CMS 1000 server . but im really confused after reading the deployment guide on virtualized environment perspective.

does single combined server means all roles in one single VM in a physical server or separate roles in different VMs in a physical server (ucs 220 M4) ?

similarly does single split server means edge and core in separate VMs with corresponding roles as mentioned in the guide   in a physical host (ucs 220 M4) ? or is it means 2 separate physical host server machine for core and edge server with corresponding roles?

I can see TURN server in both deployment types. TURN should be in the DMZ area right? in that case what is the difference between the two deployment? Both have edge concepts.

please clarify this doubt. I got really confused.

18 Replies 18

so i can use my BE6000H for recorder VM.

Have you reviewed any of the documentation for CMS??? the fact that the recorder HAS to be on a separate CMS server/VM/instance is clearly outlined, and that you can ONLY have it co-res for lab/testing purposes.

From single combined deployment guide:

The Recorder should be hosted on a Meeting Server that is remote to the server hosting the Call Bridge, see Figure 19. If the Recorder is hosted on the same server as the Call Bridge (local), then it should only be used for testing purposes

If you have any other server where to deploy the VM for recording that meets the required specs, you can use it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thank you for the reply. yes i go through the document for recorder. but my whole mind set up was to deploy recorder as VM in cisco meeting server 1000.

now only understand that in that its not possible. so Ill try to deploy ova file tomorrow in BE6000H as CMS recoder.

can't we do the whole configuration in trial ? why that option is not there? why do we need to activate at this stage of deployment. normally we activate the license after the installation.

another issue is certificate mandatory.

Today I tried CMS ova file with VXrail. but depolyment failed.

Is there any reason for it? is it because of hardware platform or vmware 6.5?

what I have is CMS 2.1 version. but at the same time I tried BE6000H-M4. It went smoothly. so IS the OVA hardware dependent? is it because of that it failed in VXRAIL. my plan is to use ova in available platform

I didnt activate the Call bridge or any license. when i tried to configure XMPP component. it says call bridge is not active. call bridge configuration i did. but didnt mentioned any thing about license.
xmpp Never accepted to enable it. i think its related to license.

Why there is no option for trial. currently i used self signed certificate.

self signed will be accepted for all component. but cannot be used if integrating with CUCM.