Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CO2 savings calculation within TMS

Hello, 

can someone explain the CO2 savings calculation to me? My management wants to know how the figures are calculated. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly: Your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these things are more actively discussed than in the Video Over IP section you've posted in - I'd suggest, if the below hasn't answered your query, that you move your discussion over there.

The Statistics are calculated by the settings you have defined in TMS under Administrative Tools > Configuration > Statistics Settings.

You need to configure the statistics to be more appropriate to your environment for them to make any sort of sense at all.

Fill in the details for

• Average System Cost
  • Average Travelling Cost
  • Average Number of Participants per Endpoint
  • Minimum Call Duration
  • CO2 Cost Per Travel Per Person (Kg CO2)

Once you have some sensible values in there, then the report will provide something that may be able to be used.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Some of the settings that we use for our environment, that make a little more sense for us than the default figures are:

• Average System Cost: 15000
  • Average Travelling Cost: 500
  • Average @ Participants per Endpoint: 1
  • Minimum Call Duration: 15
  • CO2 Cost Per Travel (based on car travel): 2

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.