cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuration of BE6S-FXO-M2-K9

msaeedi
Level 1
Level 1

im new to the telepresence ( video ) , and i need to implement a project that contained telepresence server ( BE6S-FXO-M2-K9 ) so i need to have experience with video Devices ..

i need how to install , deploy, configure These devices.

any links or resources available.

Senior Network Engineer
5 Replies 5

"BE6S-FXO-M2-K9" is an entry level Business Edition 6000 with built-in router (ISR) and gateway for voice and IP telephony applications.

If you are going to implement such video infrastructure composed of Telepresence Server as virtual machine you would need BE6M-M4-K9M (medium density for medium deployment) or BE6H-M4-K9 (high density for larger deployments) to be able to deploy video/UC applications as virtualized applications. Or you can also deploy Telepresence Server as a separate application/virtual machine in a Cisco UCS Server.

For Telepresence Server deployment guides, here is the link where you could find what you are looking for.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/telepresence-server/products-maintenance-guides-list.html

There are lot of deployment guides out there, if you could tell more about the components (video endpoints, video infrastructure) to be used and what is the goal of the project so we can share to you specific deployment guides. 

regards,

Acevirgil

thanks Acevirgil de Ocampo

i will check it

Senior Network Engineer

Mr. Acevirgil de Ocampo

as per my understanding after configuration guides reading and web surfing i got to the following conclusion:

Telepresence server will be setup and configured then SIP trunk will configured on Telepresence server pointing to CUCM and SIP Trunk will be configured on CUCM pointing to Telepresence server, as  well as Dial peer have to be configured on CUCM.

all video units will be added to Telepresence Server so the telepresence server will controlled the video units.

please correct me if im wrong.

Senior Network Engineer

Telepresence Server is a conference bridge used to host simultaneous calls and conferences. 

If you are talking about Telepresence Server (appliance) as locally managed, you can have a SIP trunk with CUCM so endpoints registered on the CUCM can create a conference call hosted by the Telepresence Server.

The limitation of this deployment is you cannot create scheduling, only rendezvous conference can be used. Also H.323 is not fully supported in the TelePresence Server with CUCM deployment model. For scenarios requiring H.323 support, the TelePresence Server with VCS deployment model is recommended.

If you are talking about registering the video endpoints so it can be controlled in terms of calls, bandwidth, you need a VCS (Video Communication Server). VCS is a call control/SIP registrar/H323 Gatekeeper. You can have SIP trunk between VCS and CUCM so that endpoints registered on the VCS can make/receive calls from CUCM registered endpoints and vise versa. Take a look on this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-6/Cisco-VCS-SIP-Trunk-to-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-CUCM-8-9-10-and-X8-6.pdf

You may also refer to this CMR solution guide for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/solutions/cmrpremises/cmr-premises-solution-guide-r4-0.pdf

regards,

Acevirgil

i would like to thank you very much Mr. Acevirgil de Ocampo

after reading picture gets cleared

Senior Network Engineer