cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cts-phd-2.5x failures after codec update

Joel Stanfield
Level 1
Level 1

I had a second cts-phd-2.5x failure from a CE 9 codec software update (SX20). The camera boots up going through standard PTZ motion then apparently tries to connect to the codec and the camera LED flashes a sequence while making a ticking sound. The codec shows screen messages "No camera connected" and periodically "camera Disconnected" while the camera repeats the LED flash/ticking. Any thought if a factory reset or console remedy is possible? I have two 2.5X cameras doing the same behavior.

1 Reply 1

Joel Stanfield
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a new old stock replacement camera which has older camera firmware (S01777-2.0 FINAL [ID:20013] 2013-05-15). The camera appears to work fine. When connected to SX20 with CE9.12.3 the camera did not update to the last version. Usually when a camera is connected to a codec at a version that included new camera firmware, the camera would automatically update. It may be that the 2.5X camera firmware has been removed from codec versions even though the release notes indicate full support. Unfortunately older codec software that would have the camera update when it was released, can no longer be downloaded.