cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EVO Client calls to MCU

RobPendleton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  Guys, I have a customer that has students using EVO Client Koala on their PCs to dial into the customers MCU 4505 with sw 4.0 (1.49)

He says that they are not getting any video at times. I have attached a screenshot of the statistics, but I have said that becuase this is free download sw its not supported.

Just thought you may have some suggestions

Cheers

2 Replies 2

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rob,

according to the screenshot, the MCU (10.16.255.250) is trying to send w288p H264 video to 10.19.4.3 on UDP port 36002. Knowing this, there are a few things you should check:

- Is 10.19.4.3 the real IP address of the EVO Client, or is this a NAT address, or does this address belong to a different device?

- Are there any firewalls/ACL's between the MCU and 10.19.4.3 preventing the UDP stream from the MCU to 10.19.4.3?

This EVO solution seems to be a client/server-based application, how does EVO communicate with the MCU? Through H323 or SIP?

Is the MCU registered to a H323 gatekeeper and/or SIP registrar, such as a VCS or similar?

Since troubleshooting this would most likely involve obtaining some logs from the MCU and possibly other devices, it might be a good idea to raise an SR for this.

Best regards

Andreas

Thanks for the advise Andreas.

I will discuss this with the customer and may come back to you with an update on those questions if thats ok, but I agree, I may need to log a ticket.

Many thanks mate.