Views
Helpful
Replies

MX 700 Black screen

Yea9632
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there's a way to fix an issue where the MX700 codec turns On and shows Cisco logo, but goes totally black afterwards, checked different cables, camera turns ON no issue, but nothing on the screens... the best part is that the tablet turns ON but doesn't work, any idea what could be the issue ? if there's no solution, how at least I can check the serial number of that codec ? checked the official document but couldn't find where I can locate the serial number in the codec itself (not from the GUI since nothing is displayed)

can someone help ?

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Are you able to access your codec through Web GUI or ssh?
if no, please connect your laptop on direcly on codec 2nd or 3rd ether net port and enable DHCP on your laptop and see if codec is giving IP?
If it is assigning ip to laptop try accessing the codec with gateway IP and see if you are able to access it or not?
If you get the access you can probably get all serial number and other status as well and can configure.

For screen balck,
Please check the cabling diagram if everything is connected properly?

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mx-series/spare-parts-and-cables/mx700-cable-schema.pdf

If yes, then try connecting your laptop directly with left and right screen HDMI and see if you are able to share the laptop on screens.
If yes that means your both screens are fine. And you need to focus on codec.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as "accepted solution" if applicable.

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

View solution in original post

Thank you for  your feedback,

In the meanwhile, we have tested another codec with the same screens .. it looks like a hardware issue with the first codec, trying to do RMA now to replace it, Indeed, it didn't give any ip address to my laptop .. nothing

you provided a lot of details and appreciate that, making your answer as solution :)

EDIT : Oups, looks like I choosed my own comment, shame on me :S

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Are you able to access your codec through Web GUI or ssh?
if no, please connect your laptop on direcly on codec 2nd or 3rd ether net port and enable DHCP on your laptop and see if codec is giving IP?
If it is assigning ip to laptop try accessing the codec with gateway IP and see if you are able to access it or not?
If you get the access you can probably get all serial number and other status as well and can configure.

For screen balck,
Please check the cabling diagram if everything is connected properly?

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mx-series/spare-parts-and-cables/mx700-cable-schema.pdf

If yes, then try connecting your laptop directly with left and right screen HDMI and see if you are able to share the laptop on screens.
If yes that means your both screens are fine. And you need to focus on codec.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as "accepted solution" if applicable.

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Thank you for  your feedback,

In the meanwhile, we have tested another codec with the same screens .. it looks like a hardware issue with the first codec, trying to do RMA now to replace it, Indeed, it didn't give any ip address to my laptop .. nothing

you provided a lot of details and appreciate that, making your answer as solution :)

EDIT : Oups, looks like I choosed my own comment, shame on me :S