cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Gatekeeper solution for Video Conference

TABISH ANSARI
Level 1
Level 1

I have two endpoint at client place where I have to deploy a gatekeeper  in DMZ for the Public IP call routing through firewall to these  endpoint. Since VCS seems to be costly for only two endpoint. Is there  any other solution or gatekeeper I can deploy instead of VCS.

7 Replies 7

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

If you don't need SIP support then the open source GnuGk perhaps?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openh323gk/

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Is there any cisco gatekeeper we can use? Its just that registering the two enpoint and for public IP calling IN/OUT.

Hi Tabish,

you can use VCS-starter pack. its designed for small enterprise customers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11315/ps11337/data_sheet_c78-697075.html

Regards

Alok

If you want to spend that kind of money for just two end-points, then I agree with Alok, however, if you don't, then GnuGK is free - and it works fine.

/jens

Also I am concerned about the incomming calls on H323, since on VCS expressway we can only define one Alias fallback. Is there any solution for that where we can route the call to different endoint if external party is dialing only public IP. We have two public IP also.

Tabish,

With H.323 you can still have multiple unit to be call the sit behind a gatekeeper, weather this be a Cisco of Open source device.

1) You could use the H.323 Alias with can be constructed to look like a URI (i.e. something like 'name@domain.com'), in which case you will need to add SRV records into your public DNS zone. If you don't manage your DNS zone, then you will need to speak with your ISP or alternatively, move your DNS operations to a DNS Management company like Zone Edit.

2) You could use the IP address of the Gatekeeper and an alias (i.e. something like 'name@IP_Add_GK')

3) My personal favourite, you could peer your Gatekeeper with you national gatekeeper (unfortunately I wouldn't know who this is) and they should assign you and international E.164 number so that you may use the Global Dialling Scheme (something like 0044123456789).

You will then need to configure the dialling plan on you gatekeeper to utilise any of these options and forward the call that hits the GK to the different endpoints.

The point of the GK is that you can have multiple endpoint, but only one entry pointing your network.

Hope this helps

Chris

outlooker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tabish,

If both of your H.323 endpoints support H.460.18/19, you can deploy a Gatekeeper in a cloud server or at DMZ of your business network. The working H.460.18/19 servers include GnuGk, Cisco/Tandberg VCS-E, Radvision pathfinder server, Polycom RPAD.

If none of your endpoints supports H.460, you can use GnuGK, Cisco H.323 proxy router, Radvision ECS with media proxy or Pathfinder client proxy/server.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/videoconferencing/

Raising funds for H323meeting.com, please contact me for details.