Views
Helpful
Replies

Phonebook - easy question !!!

Rod.Blackie
Level 1
Level 1

I hope.

Is there any way to remove the placed calls, missed calls, recieved calls and my contacts from VC system phone book displays.

In trying to deploy a global phone book using TMS and making it as simple as possible some people have questioned why these entries are displayed  when the TMS is delivering the phone book and is listed below these options.

So is there any way of removing these entries (i think i know the answer..)

Thanks

Rod                  

5 Replies 5

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rod,

TMS  provides corporate phonebooks to the endpoints. this phonebook is shown under my contacts in VC system so that user can look and dial contacts. i dont know why  you would like to delete these entries.

however, you can delete placed, missed and received calls by clear the history.

As usual, I have that answer but not how to do the opposite. I picked up a spare Tandberg 95 Edge MXP and installed it. I works, but has a bunch of Phonebook entries (not from logs or my contacts) that are stale and I want to remove them. I can find no way to edit the list. (Major system oversight) so I beleive there MUST be a way. Help. they are just junk.

The easiest way to delete the local "My Contacts" entries is from the web interface of the endpoint.  Go to Phonebook, My Contacts, select the one you want to delete and click the Delete button.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I have attached a screenshot of the Tandberg 95 Edge GUI to show the "phonebook" entries that are NOT in "My Contacts" (or logs).

The only available functions are "copy to My Contacts" or a search. I want to delete them.

I dont use TMS or any other directory list service where I assume these were copied from.

I presume there is a command to import this list from a text file (CSV or other) but i have never worked with this method, so i would appreciate some guidance.

(I REALIZE THIS IS A DIFFERENT QUESTION THAN THE ORIGINAL.)

I guess as an easy solution (and probably what I would have done in the first place if it was a second hand unit), is to do a factory reset, then re-configure just the required settings.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.