Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing a Tandber C60 unit

rsoulliard
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Our Tandberg C60 Codec's fan is failing.  We received a replacement unit.  Is there a way to get the configuration off of the old unit and import into the new one? Without having to redo it from scratch?

Thanks

Ron Soulliard

Polaris Partners

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sure, you can either do a backup and restore via the web interface or do a xconfig via the console and restore that info, but it might not contain all the settings of an endpoint.

In addition I would note down user names and passwords set up on the endpoint.

If you use TMS or CUCM you might just replace the system and the settings are taken over.

If you have a local phonebook you might need some additional steps.

To tell you more it might be handy to know how your deployment looks like,

how is your endpoint deployed, which version do you run, which call control and

management do you use, if passwords, certificates are used, ...

Please rate this post if you think it was helpful, thx!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

In addition to what Martin has correctly said above, if you're using any TCConsole layouts on your device, you'll need to take a copy of them with TCConsole first (save them as a file) and then re-upload that file with TCConsole to the new device - these are not stored in the xconfig dump or TMS backup, so, along with the local phone book, need to be done separately.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I logged into the web interface and cannot find anywhere to do a backup and restore.  We have a VCS Expressway.  We have a TMS, but it only integrates for the contact list. Here is the System information for the Expressway and the Web interface.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.  

System information
System nameVGATEWAY
ProductTANDBERG VCS
Software versionX6.1
Software build251439
Software release date2011-03-31
Software names42700

Hardware version1.0
Hardware serial number52A12272

Here is the System info from the Tandberg Web interface:

system.mydomain.com

System name:
system.mydomain.com  
Software version:
TC4.2.0.260857  
Product:
TANDBERG Profile 52 Dual  
Module serial number:
B1AD36C00038  
IP address:

MAC address:
00:50:60:83:1D:3B  
Valid release key:
Yes  
Installed options:
NaturalPresenter, MultiSite, PremiumResolution  

H323

Number:
ID:
system@mydomain.com  
Gatekeeper:
VCS Expressway 
Registered  

SIP

Address:
system@mydomain.com  
Proxy:
VCS Expressway  
Registered  

Hi rsoulliard,

Your running a very old version of TC software on your endpoint. I would recommend upgrading to TC7.2.1, which (I believe - but someone will correct me if I'm wrong), you should be able to get from Cisco even without a hardware maintenance contract due to the fact that it fixes multiple security vulnerabilities that we have been inundated with recently.Same goes for the VCS.

The web interface has changed dramatically since TC4.

Cheers

Chris