cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resetting Password for OS Administration Page

Jeff Martin
Level 1
Level 1

I need to reset the password for the administrator account on the OS Administration page. I am able to login to the Unified CM page using my LDAP credentials but I can't get to the OS Administration page using the admin username and password.

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeff,

Recovering the OS Administrator Password

If  you lose the Administrator password and cannot access the system, use  the following procedure to reset the Administrator password.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note  During this procedure, you will be required to remove and then insert a  valid CD or DVD in the disk drive to prove that you have physical  access to the system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure

Step 1 Log in to the system with the following username and password:

•Username: pwrecovery

•Password: pwreset

The Welcome to admin password reset window displays.

Step 2 Press any key to continue.

Step 3 If you have a CD or DVD in the disk drive, remove it now.

Step 4 Press any key to continue.

The system tests to ensure that you have removed the CD or DVD from the disk drive.

Step 5 Insert a valid CD or DVD into the disk drive.

The system tests to ensure that you have inserted the disk.

Step 6 After the system verifies that you have inserted the disk, you get prompted to enter a new Administrator password.

Note  The system resets the Administrator username to admin. If you want to  set up a different Administrator username and password, use the CLI  command set password. For more information, see Appendix A, "Command  Line Interface."

Step 7 Reenter the new password.

The  system checks the new password for strength. If the password does not  contain enough different characters, you get prompted to enter a new  password.

Step  8 After the system verifies the strength of the new password, the  password gets reset, and you get prompted to press any key to exit the  password reset utility.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpch2.html#wp1040303

Cheers!

Rob

"Hours are like diamonds, don't let them waste
Time waits for no one, no favors has he" 

- Stones