Views
Helpful
Replies

starting Video conferencing

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

can anyone please give me an idea how to  implement video conferencing .. dont have any idea how to do it ... we  have CUCM 6.1.3, that can be used ot not .. with 3825 router. WAN  options are Internet (ADSL) or ISDN

Please advise

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are looking to do video conferencing (3+ participants) then you'll want to look into getting a Multipoint Control Unit (MCU): http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6960/index.html

Thanks joemar,

The the nice & quick reply.. Can you please guide mi on these things...

1. What if my participants limit is only 3

2.  and secondly how this integrated with CUCM 6.1.3 means whats is unified then...

3. Can you please tell me how we can start in this ... what type of connects needed and this devices will sit where... connectivity ...

4. Can we use both internet and ISDN for Video Conf

Please help ASAP...

Mercy

Jatin

If you only have 3 participants you'll still need some kind of additional device to do video conferencing, which is what the MCU will allow you to do.  The MCU can be configured as a gatekeeper controlled trunk, or you can register it as a SCCP conference bridge, that will be in your media resource group(s).  If you have external paticipants you can conference them on the MCU it will just take more external resouces for video (more channels on your PRIs).