Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 Muting itself

I have an SX10 that is muting itself.  I can unmute with the remote, and 5-10 secs later it mutes itself.  Updated to the latest software and still doing it.

Current Software Version - TC7.3.14.164ea0b

3 Replies 3

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have proximity enabled? It's not a supported feature on TC code, but it is an "experimental" feature. Perhaps you have someone connecting with a mobile device and they are muting the system? That would be doable with the mobile version of the app. If you do have it enabled, try turning it off. 

I have never heard of a codec muting itself, it's likely to be something that's causing it. This could also be done from the Web GUI - do you have secure password(s) for the admin and any other users you may have created?

haven't heard of it either. I can replicate it from the web as well. I can turn the microphone on from the web, and 1-2 seconds later it turns itself off.

Nope I am the only one with the web config access and proximity is not enabled.

Does it continue to do it if you turn the lights in the room off?   Lots of cheap, or failing light bulbs will spam lots of IR in to the room.  Some of the endpoints can see this IR, and, if the IR flash is just right, it can trigger a command (in your case a Mute).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.