cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 and 1080P12XS camera

the-nec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! We have codec SX20, and also have camera  CTS-PHD-1080P12XS (from old C40). When I'm trying to connect them, the camera is not detected by the codec.  To connect items i'm using CAB-PHD4XS2-SPLIT.

What might cause the problem ?

Current software

TCNC7.3.6.ea51021

4 Replies 4

JFerello
Level 1
Level 1

On the straight thru Ethernet cable that goes from the female part of the dongle to the camera, you need to swap pins 3 & 6 on one end of the cable.

Thanks,
Justin Ferello

i'm sorry for the late response but I was a bit busy. 

I've tried to make a patchcord like you said but it doesn't work. With this cable the codec starts rebooting every-time. Maybe I don't understand something. 3ZD6fTM2L1k.jpg

Depending on the length and quality of the cable you are using, you may have too much voltage drop over the cable.  In which case, you are best not to connect the power pins, and use a separate power supply on the camera.

Personally, I hate the -SPLIT cables, and prefer to use the ones that come with the SX20, and extend via other methods if required.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The -SPLIT cables are a pain as they reverse some of the pins.  Have a look at this thread for some answers and the pinouts: SX20 Camera Cable

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.