cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Third Party Software to be used as an Endpoint

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4
Hello everyone, Any one can recommend a software (free software is recommended) it can be used to register with VCS and VCS express. I need this software for testing purposes. I prefer also if I can use this software as a standalone endpoint (without registration) to simulate incoming calls from internet. Thanks.
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cisco Jabber Video is the free, internet based version that does not require TMS - just an internet connection.  You are thinking of "Cisco Jabber For Telepresence" which is basically the "corporate" version of the same software.

Jabber Video won't register with VCS but it will simulate your internet based calls, although your test environment will need a connection to the public internet to make it work.

View solution in original post

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Polycom PVX was great for this, and although you can still download it, it has been discontinued.. It is only SD, but you can register using SIP and H.323 and had a 5 minute time limit on a call in its trial state. The later version of the software (Real Presence Desktop) is a 30 day trial (if I rememberer correctly)

On the Open source front, you could also try Linphone (SIP) and Ekiga (SIP and H.323). These can be a bit hit and miss though.

Cheers

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Jabber video for telepresence can be used to register to VCS. You can also sign up on ciscojabbervideo.com as well.

Please rate useful posts.

but Jabber video requires TMS. I do not have TMS

Thank you all for your reply and +5 for all,

I tried to mark all of your replies as correct answer but I could not.

When I tried to use x-lite with VCS it will be unregistered after 5 or 10 minutes, anyone knows why?

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've had some luck using X-Lite in the past registered to the VCS for some quick testing.

For the external, I use a JabberVideo client connected to www.CiscoJabberVideo.com.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Cisco Jabber Video is the free, internet based version that does not require TMS - just an internet connection.  You are thinking of "Cisco Jabber For Telepresence" which is basically the "corporate" version of the same software.

Jabber Video won't register with VCS but it will simulate your internet based calls, although your test environment will need a connection to the public internet to make it work.

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Polycom PVX was great for this, and although you can still download it, it has been discontinued.. It is only SD, but you can register using SIP and H.323 and had a 5 minute time limit on a call in its trial state. The later version of the software (Real Presence Desktop) is a 30 day trial (if I rememberer correctly)

On the Open source front, you could also try Linphone (SIP) and Ekiga (SIP and H.323). These can be a bit hit and miss though.

Cheers

Chris