Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS database issue

Melany Nolan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I found this from the help, anyone know where can I run below SQL statements? thanks!

Displays free disk space for each partition on the database server. For this to work, the OLE Automation Procedures option needs to be enabled. For new SQL Server 2005 instances, OLE Automation Procedures are disabled by default. To enable this option, run the following SQL statements on your SQL Server

sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1;
GO
RECONFIGURE;
GO
sp_configure 'Ole Automation Procedures', 1;
GO
RECONFIGURE;
GO

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On your TMS Server, go to a Command Prompt and use the SQLCMD.exe to connect to your database and run the commands.

ie SQLCMD.EXE -S.\SQLTMS -E

where .\SQLTMS is the location of your TMS database instance

You can then issue the commands in your first post.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

I take it you have checked TMS Server Maintenance, shown below, to see if this is not already enabled?

If it's not, then you need to run in on the SQL server where the tmsng database sits.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

that is not enabled yet, but i don't know where can i run those commands...

seems not just open a command prompt and type it..?

Ah, no, you need to connect to the db, probably be best, and safest, if you open a case with TAC and they'll be able to show you in a Webex session.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

if you haven't installed SQL management studio, please do so (the express version from MS is free). and run the command there after connecting to TMSNG.

Sumeet Rakesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

No need to run the commands. Go to Start > Programs > MS SQL Server > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Surface Area Configuration. Select the same and open. Now select Surface Area Configuration for Features > Select OLE Automation and check the box. You are done, if required restart the server once.

Regards

Sumeet Rakesh

but under my MS SQL Server > Configuration Tools, there is no

SQL Server Surface Area Configuration .....

any idea?

thank you.

On your TMS Server, go to a Command Prompt and use the SQLCMD.exe to connect to your database and run the commands.

ie SQLCMD.EXE -S.\SQLTMS -E

where .\SQLTMS is the location of your TMS database instance

You can then issue the commands in your first post.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

thanks, it works!

You're welcome

Wayne