Views
Helpful
Replies

VC endpoint call PSTN

Melany Nolan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a VCS control version 7.2 integrate with CUCM 8.6 via SIP trunk.

The VC endpoint can call IP phones and vice versa.

I have configured a search rule (9\d{8}) (9+ followed by 8 digits) in VCS to allow VC endpoint to call PSTN via CUCM.

But somehow it fails.

When I checked the call history in VCS, seems no rule is hit.... I can't find any record that VC endpoint has called PSTN.

Do you have any idea on this?

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Try adding @.* to the end of your pattern string as your endpoints may be sending [PSTN number]@yourdomain.com rather than just the digits.

Are you seeing the search come in via the search history and it's just not triggering a search rule, or do you see no search at all?

View solution in original post

Yes it should be, you just need to set your dial plans appropriately.

I assume that incoming calls from PSTN are currently routed to CUCM? If so, you need to adjust your route patterns so that the number recieved from your PSTN gateway routes to your VC endpoints and when appropriate.

If your PSTN gateway can already route to your VCS and VC endpoints this should be all you need to do, but if there is a firewall or something in the way you may need to tick the "Media termination point required" on your PSTN facing trunk, so that your CUCM proxies all the media.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you could share your search rule and the search historry of the failed call

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

hi martin, attached is the search rule, x.x.x.x is the ip address of my cucm.

there is no call history shown.

Try adding @.* to the end of your pattern string as your endpoints may be sending [PSTN number]@yourdomain.com rather than just the digits.

Are you seeing the search come in via the search history and it's just not triggering a search rule, or do you see no search at all?

adding @.* fixed the problem, thank you very much!

besides, do you know how to confiugre the number shown on the mobile?

somehow it displays the number of one of the users phone number, thanks.

Glad it fixed it - don't forget to mark as correct and rate the post.

Not sure exactly what you mean by number shown on the mobile? You mean the caller ID of the video endpoint that's dialling?

If so, you can try using CPL scripts on VCS (search this forum for help but it's a bit more advanced) or use outbound Caller ID DN, prefix DN and masks on SIP trunks and route patterns on CUCM (pretty easy to do but fairly limited).

Thanks Nick, I would also like to know if it is possible to call from PSTN to the VC endpoints?

Yes it should be, you just need to set your dial plans appropriately.

I assume that incoming calls from PSTN are currently routed to CUCM? If so, you need to adjust your route patterns so that the number recieved from your PSTN gateway routes to your VC endpoints and when appropriate.

If your PSTN gateway can already route to your VCS and VC endpoints this should be all you need to do, but if there is a firewall or something in the way you may need to tick the "Media termination point required" on your PSTN facing trunk, so that your CUCM proxies all the media.

Thank you Nick