cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video\Audio freeze and then speeds up

afadeyev1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a strange problem across all of my codecs (mixture of SX and room kits (pro, plus, mini..).

Occasionally, video and audio will freeze and then speeds up. The issue is intermittent. Everything can be flawless for hours or it can get so bad - the systems are almost unusable. Normal call flow: Codecs --->VCS Control (VM)--->VCS Expressway (HW appliance)--->Zoom CRC. And yes almost all of the calls to the Zoom CRC. I tried provisioning the systems to the cloud (to see if there is a problem with VCS's) and while it almost illuminates the problem - once in a while I would get the same thing. Can't seem to catch the commonality. And the fact that video\audio "speeds up" - something is buffering it. Never seen codecs do that. Maybe it's Zoom CRC problem, but I can't believe I'm the only one seeing it.

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This sounds like it could be a congestion issue - have you configured an appropriate Enterprise QoS policy across your network to adequately priortise the Audio and Video traffic over anything else that may be chewing up your bandwidth?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.