cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3 x 3 Promotion

btalbott
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the 3 x 3 Upgrade Offer.  Does it allow a customer with Call Manager 4.x to upgrade to Business Edition 7 or 8 for $6 per user?  Is there anytihg like an ordering guide that provides the actual SKUs you use to place an order using the 3 x 3 promotion?

Brian Talbott

ADP Dealer Services

45 Replies 45

very thanks

jsegura
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, thanks for the help with the 3 & 3 migrations.

We have a version 6.0 CMBE, and we want to jump to 8.0 with 3x3 migration program.

It is required to buy a new server 7828I4 / 7828I5 or we can still using the old server for a while? Here is a support issue because the 7828H3 server is EoS.

It is possible to upgrade to 8.0 using a HP DL 380 server instead of buy a new  MCS server?

See here for list of supported servers and you can see if it is compatible

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

If this is a BE server you cannot buy OEM servers. These are only from Cisco such as the 7828 series of servers

Thanks

Srini

Thanks for your help.

And what about a Cisco UCS C200 M2 VCD2?

I know this is big server for a small solution, but we can use the Server for another internal applications too.

EDUARD LORENC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

if I will use 3&3 upgrade promo for previous CCM user which kind of UCL license I receive Enhanced IP user or Basic IP user? 3&3 upgrade I can use also for additional feature like Presence. In case of Presence Server, if I use an upgrade 3&3, should I use CUPC client for Presence and IM?

Thanks for answer,

EL

It depends on what you buy. Under the 3x3 program you choose how many basic and how many enhanced you need to migrate. Yes CUP is available. No the client is not. You need to buy the cllient too and then its associated ESW/UCSS

The OG have the details

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/technology/ipc/uc_tech_readiness.html#~7

Srini

Ok. I can specify number of Basic IP Users - 3 USD/per user with ESW+UCSS support for Basic IP User and amount of Enhanced IP Users also 3USD per user with ESW+UCSS support for Enhanced IP User. Is it correct? Price 3USD is same for Basic and Enhanced IP User?

Regards,

EL

Yes remember all of it is still DLU with UCL in the backend, it is just the front end ordering process. If this is an upgrade from an older version to 8.X, then your current DLU will port as is, this quote will provide 2 additional DLU per user to turn on mobile connect since UCL includes it

Srini

In case of Enhanced IP User a have licence only for IP Communicator SW phone. Is it correct? If yes, which client is used in case adjunct Presence license? Only free xmpp client or I can use CUPC only for Presence status change and IM chat?

Please check out the OG link above, it has all the details for the migration. Enhanced covers you for certain models of phones or soft clients(assuming primary phone). Adjunct licenses are covered in the migration

https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration/licensing?view=documents

There are many examples here to walk you through this. Check out the quoting workshop

Srini

Srini,

I understnad for redirecting to OG. But my questions are focused on 3&3 uprade and how many feature I need to buy because one feature cost 3USD.

Applications OG talk about - LIC-CUCM-USR license for SW CUPC client as my primary phone. In that case I can use CUPC client only for call cucm features. I don´t need use IM, Presnece in that case. Is it Correct? If yes, than I need UPC-K9-OPTˇand UPC8-CLIENT-LIC feature licence for IM+Presence. Is it possible to buy 2x additional 3USD fee for Presence and IM feature?

EL

The 3x3 options are covered in the OG. I don't understand your question. If CUPC is the primary phone, order enhanced using 3x3, then order CUPC SW + ESW + UCSS.  If it is secondary, then just order the SW since the licensing is covered in the primary phone. Within CUPC depending on how you order it, you can use it just for IM or everything. What I have noted above is for everything

Srini

Srini -

I've read through this post and I've looked at the 3x3 promotion.  With that said, is it possible to migrate a customer with CUCM 3.3 to CUCMBE 5000 8.5.  I have a customer who is looking to upgrade from 3.3 because they are EOL on their current servers.  The reason I want to move them to BE 5000 is because they only have 200 people so I can easily consolidate them from 3 servers (1pub, 1 sub, 1 Unity) to one server.  I can't seem to figure out how to do this from what I've seen thus far.