Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding gateway to the CUCM 12.5

TCPuniverse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

I'm a beginner in the collaboration world and started to learn from the basics. For this I installed CUCM 12.5 and now want to add some phones, gateways, etc to see the procedures and getting familiar with the workflow. I'm trying to add some gateways but CUCM doesn't ask me about the IP address and Device pool of the gateways and on the gateway screen I see an alarm stating "device is not trusted". As result I cannot create route groups or route lists, because no any device is listed under "available devices" list (images are below).

As there are no actually real gateways device available yet, I wonder if the reachability between CUCM and fake gateways is the main issue. Could another issue be a lack of certificate?

collab001.pngcollab002.png

Besides there is no H.323 option while I want to add a new gateway. Only SCCP and MGCP protocols are available. I don't know if it is normal!

regards;

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For SCCP or MGCP gateways you also need to add a card with ports to complete the configuration. However you won’t see the SCCP ports under route group configuration as these are considered end point devices in CUCM. For H.323 or SIP you would add these as Trunks in CUCM, not gateways.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

For SCCP or MGCP gateways you also need to add a card with ports to complete the configuration. However you won’t see the SCCP ports under route group configuration as these are considered end point devices in CUCM. For H.323 or SIP you would add these as Trunks in CUCM, not gateways.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually have a general question about building a practice environment for the new collaboration track; Would you mind, please, taking a look at that topic I just created at this link ( https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/how-to-build-virtual-lab-for-new-ccnp-collab-v3/td-p/4134438 )? I'm a beginner and completely confused about how to study and practice the topics.

best regards;

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: