Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Administration user roles

Hi guys. I can't find any roles associate with CUCM OS administration. Does it mean it might be created only during installation of CUCM and then by using CLI only ?  If I am wrong which user role will open access to OS administration and CLI to CUCM ? 

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Platform User is the one that has got access to OS Administration and CLI to CM, DRF as well. This user is created during the installation, there is no way possible to give any end user roles/permission to access these pages.

Edit to the O.P. You can though create additional OS users or can also reset the credentials for the original Platform User in case you don't remeber it. Refer below:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_FAQ#OS_.2F_CLI

Regards

Deepak

Thank you.

No issues, please remember to mark the thread as Answered if there are no further questions on the topic.

Regards

Deepak

i dont see option answered on this page ...

There should be an option that will say Mark As Answered. Try to look through the whole page, you can also rate by giving stars.

Regards

Deepak

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The OS admin is not a CUCM user, the OS admin is really a user that is created in the underlying Linux platform. The user you use for CCMAdmin, is created in the CUCM DB, along with the rest of the end users and application users.

That's the reason you have two set of credentials in CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: