Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'All Subscribers' Distribution List Issue

I have two Unity clusters with three servers total (2 in Failover serving one user group, 1 not in failover serving another group). The databases are separate, however all servers use the same Active Directory and the resulting Distribution Lists look like this (as seen from the ADMIN Unity server Distribution List option):

All Subscribers - BSH-VM1-ADMIN 99991

All Subscribers - PRH-VM1-ADMIN 99991

All Subscribers - PRH-VM1-ADMIN 99991

All Subscribers - PRH-VM1-STU 99991

ADMIN is the cluster in a failover setup ... I assume that's why I have three ADMIN lists, but why three? One for the primary, one for secondary, and the last one for? How do I tell the difference?

I plan to change the extension, and the recorded name so that subscribers can easily select the appropriate 'all subscribers' list. Can I delete some of these? Ultimately I want two 'all subscriber' lists, one for ADMIN, one for STUDENT. Can each list be reachable from the other's server, e.g., Can an ADMIN user enter an extension for the STUDENT's Unity server 'all subscriber' list?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure why you have 3 for that server - I'm guessing it's a hold over from another install? Just a guess...

However, all public distribution lists are global meaning that once you create one or import one from AD and it's been "Stamped" as a Unity-aware public DL, all Unity servers in the directory will see that DL and can address messages to it. Be sure to give them unqiue IDs - but other than that, there's no problem addressing to any or all of the "all subscriber" DLs from other boxes in the network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure why you have 3 for that server - I'm guessing it's a hold over from another install? Just a guess...

However, all public distribution lists are global meaning that once you create one or import one from AD and it's been "Stamped" as a Unity-aware public DL, all Unity servers in the directory will see that DL and can address messages to it. Be sure to give them unqiue IDs - but other than that, there's no problem addressing to any or all of the "all subscriber" DLs from other boxes in the network.

Many thanks - I'll assume it's safe to delete the extra dist list.

Regards,

Brian