Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio Applications in Unity Fail-over

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I am going to install Cisco Unity with fail-over and what I remember, I should to rebuild the applications like Auto Attendant in secondary server. because this is not part of the replication.

Am I right? or no need to rebuild the applications?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi JFV,

That is no longer the case

How Standby Redundancy Works in Cisco Unity 8.x

Cisco Unity standby redundancy uses failover functionality to provide duplicate Cisco Unity servers for disaster recovery. The primary server is located at the primary facility, and the secondary server is located at the disaster-recover facility.

Standby redundancy functions in the following manner:

Data is replicated to the secondary server, with the exceptions noted in the "Data That Is Not Replicated in Cisco Unity 8.x" section.

Automatic failover is disabled.

In the event of a loss of the primary server, the secondary server is manually activated.

Data That Is Not Replicated in Cisco Unity 8.x

Changes to the following Cisco Unity settings are not replicated between the primary and secondary servers. You must manually change values on both servers.

Registry settings

Recording settings

Phone language settings

GUI language settings

Port settings

Integration settings

Conversation scripts

Key mapping scripts (can be modified through the Custom Key Map tool)

Media Master server name settings

Exchange message store, when installed on the secondary server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/8x/failover/guide/8xcufg040.html#wp1099338

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Actually I need to clarify this

"The fact that handlers are not replicated in the directory is  important. This means that, unlike subscriber information, audio-text  information is not shared between Unity servers on the same network. As such, if  multiple Unity servers work together to handle calls for an installation, you  must replicate your audio-text information between those servers on your own.  Currently, no tool can copy call-handler data or audio-text trees and duplicate  them on other servers (although the customer applications team has this on the  list of items to tackle as part of updated versions of the Audio Text  Manager)."

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi JFV,

That is no longer the case

How Standby Redundancy Works in Cisco Unity 8.x

Cisco Unity standby redundancy uses failover functionality to provide duplicate Cisco Unity servers for disaster recovery. The primary server is located at the primary facility, and the secondary server is located at the disaster-recover facility.

Standby redundancy functions in the following manner:

Data is replicated to the secondary server, with the exceptions noted in the "Data That Is Not Replicated in Cisco Unity 8.x" section.

Automatic failover is disabled.

In the event of a loss of the primary server, the secondary server is manually activated.

Data That Is Not Replicated in Cisco Unity 8.x

Changes to the following Cisco Unity settings are not replicated between the primary and secondary servers. You must manually change values on both servers.

Registry settings

Recording settings

Phone language settings

GUI language settings

Port settings

Integration settings

Conversation scripts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/8x/failover/guide/8xcufg040.html#wp1099338

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you too much Rob,

Do you mean waht I am talking about is very old

I need for Unity 7 with Domin and I found it:

Data That Is Not Replicated

Changes to the following Cisco Unity settings are not replicated between  the primary and secondary servers. You must manually change values on  both servers.

Registry settings

Recording settings

Phone language settings

GUI language settings

Port settings

Integration settings

Conversation scripts

Thank you too much

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi JFV,

You are most welcome my friend

Although much of the info in this excellent book is still applicable it was first published

Aug 3, 2004. So the portion of ATM config that you referenced is out of date.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you man