Event Source: CiscoUnity_AvCs

Event Category: None

Event ID: 100

Date: 7/9/2005

Time: 9:27:39 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY1

Description:

Exception occurred and handled. File: H:\views\ESB1_view\un_Core1\DominoMonitor\AvDominoMonitorSvr\AvDominoMonitor.cpp at Line: 635 - Error: 80004005H Call stack:

0x5E62C75D AvDominoMonitorSvr.dll: DllUnregisterServer + 74386 bytes

This is Unity 4.0(4) SR1 w/ES 35.

We have been having issues with Unity going into UMR recently and losing notes connection and a reboot of Unity clears issues up for a day or so. Notes server appears to be fine and network connection to it also. No changes made to notes or unity server.

8 Replies 8

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

This error is occurring for a few users where the MWI state is pending and when we refresh the state is still pending. Event log occurs on refresh where it is pending each time. Any ideas on this error?

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_AvCs

Event Category: None

Event ID: 100

Date: 7/10/2005

Time: 5:53:18 PM

User: N/A

Computer: DCUNITY1

Description:

Exception occurred and handled. File: H:\views\ESB1_view\un_Core1\DominoMonitor\AvDominoMonitorSvr\AvDominoMonitor.cpp at Line: 696 - Error: 80004005H Call stack:

0x5E62C75D AvDominoMonitorSvr.dll: DllUnregisterServer + 74386 bytes

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php

jpattishall
Level 1
Level 1

Were you ever able to resolve this? I have an identical situation occurring here.

It was a timeout issue with notes environment unity was communicating with. Notes wasn't responding in timely manner at times. The unity notes timeout is 20 seconds and bad things can happen if timeouts occur. In our case, we ended up getting a special ES to extend this notes timeout until the client got their notes environment cleaned up.

Did you apply ES7 (familiar with this one) or did you do the registry fix at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\NotesProxy\TimeoutThresholdCount

Would appreciate any suggestions, and thanks!

No, another registry value that the ES added (ES 94). But, again this isn't a unity issue we had but was due to notes servers not responding in timely manner and issues on notes needed to be resolved by other people. I'm not a notes person and we worked with cisco along time on the issue and ended up getting a patch with longer notes timeout as a bandaid until the other people could sort out the note environment.

I would suggest you open a TAC case if you need to work on this, but you'll probably need to have Notes/IBM folks involved working on your notes servers also with cisco.

Not familiar with ES7.

Is there documentation to show that the notes timeout is 20 seconds? I have been fighting a battle for 11 months now with the customer is saying unity is horrible because of the communications between Unity and notes is unreliable. They have 9 notes boxes but the primary one sits on the same network as the Unity box, the others are dispersed at different sites. They all have DUCS installed on them and from time to time Unity says I cant talk to ducs on one of the dispersed servers which is fine but at least every other day it says it can not talk to the primary one and of course the customer says Notes is fine and up with no issues, but Unity obviously has an issue talking because it says notes is hung. I need to see if i can prolong the timeout threshold for unity so unity will give notes more time to respond.

There are two registry hacks that i have used in the past for the distributed notes servers in a similar environment. I have never seen connection problems to the primary notes server, however.

TAC advises against the reg hacks to change the timeout to more than 20 seconds, and against the hack to increase the amount of failures before the complete disconnect.

TAC can help you find the registry hacks. Perhaps you can reference case #602072839.

In general, i found the best resolution to be putting unity on a specific port range, and using QoS to prioritize across the WAN. As for hte main site--check the notes.ini files diligently.

Jan

ok thanks...

Can you tell me what specific ports are used between the communications of unity and the main notes box? Also what the protocol is?