Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup Failure - 116-SFTP transfer failed during Backup

bquintero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

The CUCM cluster I am taking care has around a year without backing up. Just performed a scheduled backup a few days ago and it didn't work, I am using freeFTPd. These are the things I have done:

- Ping from nodes to sFTP server > successful 

- Restarted DRF Master and local from all nodes

- Tried backup and the results are in the attached file, brief resume... I got a sample of an error:

18 Aug 2018 06:00:21-640 Platform Backup: ERROR : File not found :: /usr/local/cm/.security/CallManager/trust-certs
18 Aug 2018 06:00:21-640 Platform Backup: ERROR : File not found :: /usr/local/cm/.security/CallManager/certs
18 Aug 2018 06:00:21-640 Platform Backup: ERROR : File not found :: /usr/local/cm/.security/CallManager/keys
18 Aug 2018 06:00:21-650 Platform Backup: ERROR : File not found :: /usr/local/cm/.security/TVS/trust-certs\

- Could this be an expired certificates issue?

Best regards!

9 Replies 9

jonathan.salter
Level 3
Level 3

I havn't see that error come up...is this a secure cluster?

Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.

I haven't see that yet! but I see in the logs some issues with the certificates... think is related with the secured cluster mode, any thoughts?

I will let you know as soon as possible!

Hello Jonathan!

I have confirmed is not  a secured cluster, is a non-secure cluster.

Best regards,

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is the node you are attaching the screen shot from your publisher?  I have never seen these error messages before however what happens when you do the back up from the cucm gui as a manual back up? Can you attach that screen shot. I have only ever seen IPsec certificate issues cause back up issues which typically just require a regeneration of the certificate to fix the issue.

Are your certs valid and not expired?

Hello!

Yes the picture attached is from the CUCM Publisher, I haven't tried to do a manual backup. I have reviewed some certificates, I think there is an invalid certificate from CUCM Subscriber node which is from the ipsec. Also I don't know if there is a trust-cert for ITLRecovery... this file is not found from the logs. I'm attaching the certs from every node here... hope you could see something I don't!

Best regards,

Was this issue ever resolved? 

Jose Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

I have just the same issue. Did you resolve this situation?

/usr/local/platform/tzdata/backup/TzDataCSV_2020-01-10_00.00.01.csv
/usr/local/platform/tzdata/createTzCsv.sh
/usr/local/platform/tzdata/generateDSTCsv.sh
/usr/local/platform/tzdata/OlsonTzData.tar.gz
10 Dec 2020 09:11:07-640 Platform Backup: INFO : echo 50 > /common/drf/status.txt
10 Dec 2020 09:11:07-650 Platform Backup: ERROR : Backup Failed with Unknown Error!!!

----> BEGIN Standard Output

----> END Standard Output

----> BEGIN Standard Error
error writing output file

----> END Standard Error

If you’re using freeFTPd there is a known size limit of 1GB. As the backup of CM is bigger than this you have to use another software for the SFTP server. Recommend you to look at SolarWind free SFTP server, we have used it successfully for years now.

Response Signature