Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

batch provisioning - assigning multiple service areas to service tempates

How can I assign multiple service areas to service tempates when doing batch provisioning?

OrderType UserID ProductName TemplateName Processor Service Domain ServiceArea UserRole Softkey Template User Locale Softkey Template User Locale
addServiceTemplate ${USERID}  Location A - EM Phone proc1 Extension Mobility Access Autoprovision Location A - INT Employee Standard User Customer German Germany Standard User Customer German Germany
addServiceTemplate ${USERID}  Location A - EM Phone proc1 Extension Mobility Access Autoprovision Location A - EXT Employee Standard User Customer German Germany Standard User Customer German Germany

With this approach I got error:

[admin Tue Oct 13 15:56:25 CEST 2015]
Already the same Template name exists

Tried different combinations, also with one line, but can´t find proper syntax for that.

OrderType UserID ProductName TemplateName Processor Service Domain ServiceArea UserRole Softkey Template User Locale SURL
addServiceTemplate ${USERID}  Location A - EM Phone proc1 Extension Mobility Access Autoprovision Location A - INT;Location A - INT Employee Standard User Customer German Germany 1:Extension-Mobility:Logout:Logout

Generates an error:

[admin Tue Oct 13 16:02:56 CEST 2015]

We are using:

Cisco Prime
Collaboration
Version 10.6.0

Can you please help me with that?

Cheers,

Dawid

9 Replies 9

Anthony Gerbic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dawid,

Probably should get yourself to PCP 11.0 if you do a lot of batch provisioning. The Batch UI now contains a help system that makes it easy to search for objects and get settings and examples (see the attached screen capture).

The example shows the following:

Description
Service template assigned to a Service Area and User Role. A Service Template can be associated to several combinations of Service Areas and User Roles with or without auto-provisioining enabled.
Example
ServiceArea1:UserRole1:Yes;ServiceArea2:UserRole2:No

Another good feature is the ability to edit and manage the batch right in the Batch UI.

Regards

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for swift reply.

Unfortunatelly for me the upgrade is not an option for now. This will be considred in future but for now I am trying to ease my job with batch provisioning for upcoming task.

The informations you have provided are useful, I have tried that before but I am not sure which column name to use i.e.

before:

ServiceArea UserRole ( separated with tab )
Location A - INT Employe

after ( not sure how it should look like ):

ServiceArea and UserRole ( as one ? )

Location A - INT:Employee:yes;Location A - EXT:Employee:yes

When I try this approach I am getting :

File Upload Error
   An error occurred uploading file xxx on 10/13/2015 16:59:15 CEST. An error occurred loading the batch file (line 1). The following required data columns are missing: ServiceArea

If I keep Service Area and UserRole separate, then what do I put as UserRole when Service area is containg user role (Employee)

Dawid,

The column heading is:

ServiceArea and UserRole

See the Attribute name in the help text screen shot.

The error with the the ServiceArea column heading is that a column header for ServiceArea must be present even though it is blank. There are five mandatory column headers which must be in all batch tasks even if you don't use them: 

OrderType, ProductName, Domain, ServiceArea and UserID

Hopefully this helps.

Anthony,

Thank you for your continous help. Got the point (I think) but it seems it is not working.

What am I missing?

OrderType UserID ProductName TemplateName Processor Service Domain ServiceArea ServiceArea and UserRole Softkey Template User Locale SURL
addServiceTemplate ${USERID}  Location A - EM Phone proc1 Extension Mobility Access Autoprovision  Location A - INT:Employee:yes;Location A - EXT:Employee:yes Standard User Customer German Germany 1:Extension-Mobility:Logout:Logout

( added in better format in attachement )

[admin Tue Oct 13 17:36:32 CEST 2015]
Error : Invalid Service Area and User Role
Error : Invalid value provided for Service Area.

Cheers,

Dawid

The columns and settings below should be adjusted.  I am assuming the Service Areas and User Roles already exist in the Domain proc1 already.

OrderType = addServiceTemplate

userID = icadmin    (or the actual admins userID, this is used for order tracking)

ProductName = Extension Mobility Access

TemplateName = Location A - EM Phone

Processor = proc1

Service = Extension Mobility Access

Domain = Autoprovision

ServiceArea = leave blank

ServiceArea and UserRole = Location A - INT:Employee:yes;Location A - EXT:Employee:yes

assuming the rest of the fields are ok.

I will check with engineering for any other advice.

Regards

Thank you very much for the hint.

I have checked that :

OrderType UserID ProductName TemplateName Processor Service Domain ServiceArea ServiceArea and UserRole Softkey Template User Locale SURL 
addServiceTemplate globaladmin Extension Mobility Access Location A - EM Phone proc1 Extension Mobility Access Autoprovision  Location A - INT:Employee:yes;Location A - EXT:Employee:yes Standard User Customer German Germany 1:Extension-Mobility:Logout:Logout

Unfortunately, still no success.

[admin Wed Oct 14 10:47:28 CEST 2015]
Error : Invalid value provided for Service Area.

I know the Service Areas and User Roles are existing, because batch with only one Service Area works fine ( copyed it, not to do any mistakes )

Dawid,

Looks like this was worked through TAC and engineering and the example below was tested with PCP.  It appears you need a service area column with a valid entry and a user role with a valid entry preceding the ServiceArea and UserRole column as shown below and in the attachment.

Regards

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your efforts on this. I have just tested with batches like in attachement.

Still I am getting following error :

On which version did DE test it?

On my Version 10.6.0 it is not working.

Also is there a logged bug for SURL ? It is not being updated through batch. I need to update it manually after using batch for each template.

I am using following:

SURL

1:Extension-Mobility:Logout:Logout

Any furhter hints appriciated.

Best Regards,

Dawid

I wanted to follow up on this question. It was solved back in October and the batch file ended up looking like the example attached.