cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6000 Ask the Experts 17-19 November 2015 - Introduction

Andy Johnston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.  My name is Andy Johnston and I’m a product marketing manager for Cisco Business Edition 6000.  I’m based in Reading, in the UK.  Over the next few days, a few colleagues and myself will be checking into the community to answer any questions you have about BE6000.  For example – if you wanted to know more about the new features and capabilities in the recent release 11.0 – simply click on the “Start a discussion” link in the blue box on the right side of the page.  We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

1 Reply 1

Andy Johnston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi again

It’s not too late to ask any questions you have about the new features and changes to licensing in the latest release of BE6000. Here’s a reminder of just some of the highlights….

New capabilities:

• New Conference Now audio conferencing experience targeted at voice-centric deployments:
    • Embedded in / native to Unified CM – no extra app or VM instance required
    • Centralized conference number with the ability to use an extension for the meeting ID
    • Ability to secure conference with an access code
    • PSTN call invocation, IVR guidance, MoH/lobby experience
    • Self-care portal, configuration through Prime collaboration provisioning
    • Enhances current meet-me experience

• New Cisco Emergency Call Handler capability in Unified CM
    • Embedded in / native to Unified CM – no separate app or VM instance required
    • Provides basic-but-appropriate emergency call services for smaller deployments
    • Reach nearby PSAP for the callers location, PSAP callback support
    • Callers location identification support based on using ALI provisioned DIDs
    • Simple extension of Unified CM configuration; configuration support through Prime

• Prime Collaboration Provisioning 11.0 - New Batch Management UI
    • Create, copy and edit batch actions and objects/attributes from within the UI
    • Copy existing batches, copy sample batches or import from spreadsheet/TSV files
    • Help UI with objects and attributes listed to assist in creating batches
    • Mandatory objects/attributes highlighted, and revisions supported are listed

License Updates:

• Simple Multiparty Video Conferencing - Two Ways to Consume
    • Personal Multiparty – named host meeting license
      • Named user is entitled to host meetings anytime
      • Included in UWL Professional license
      • Includes all infrastructure components to get started
      • Ideal for frequent video users (Jabber, 8845/65, DX70/80)
    • Shared Multiparty - shared host meeting license
      • One license per concurrent meeting
      • Purchase with Cisco TelePresence Room Endpoints
      • Or a la carte for added capacity
      • Ideal for room system use

• 40% more users included -  Enhanced Value Starter Bundles
    • For customers making their initial BE6000 investment our starter bundles now include 35-users
    • Available now at the same price as the original 25-user starter bundles
    • Choose from 35 user UCL Enhanced, UWL Standard or UWL Professional bundles
    • Limit of one Starter bundle per BE6000 deployment.

Let us know if you have deployed any of the above new features / capabilities or if you are considering it and have any questions for our team of experts.  We’ll get back to you with an answer as quickly as possible.

Regards

Andy