Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6000 version : 10.5.1.1000.7 dhcp probleme

Labanelamia
Level 1
Level 1

hello , 

-I have BE6000 version 10.5, I already install CUCM and Unity Connection.

-The version is 10.5.1.10000.7.

- I activated the service dhcp, and I configured server dhcp and subnet dhcp.

-The issue is when I  try to add the IP phone, the DHCP does not respond to the request. 

the ip phone remains in the state "IP CONFIGURING "!

- I do research about that and I found that probably this release is Affected 10.5(1.10000.7) and I have to correct this bug in this  version !

1-i need confirmation that upgrade is the good solution !!

2-what version i have to download ?? from 10.5 to what version a have to upgrade ??? I need link !

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As you don't mention what bug you think you're affected, you need to review the fixed versions in the bug notes, that will tell you what versions have the fix.

On cisco.com -> Support -> All Downloads and you'll get to the downloads area where you can get it, if you don't know the path in the decision tree, just type callmanager in the find box.

I'm assuming you have a valid CCO with permissions to download CUCM images.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I guess i have this problem !! I'm not sure!

ip phone remains in the state "IP CONFIGURING "!

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCup60269/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://microsofttouch.fr/default/b/christophe/archive/2014/07/26/cisco-unified-communications-manager-dhcp-service-on-cucm-10-5-does-not-respond-to-request-or-discovery

Yes, according to the affected releases, you should be affected, and not sure why you mention you don't know what version to download, it clearly says which versions have the fix in further problem description: such as UCM 10.5(1)SU1+, UCM 10.5(2)

We're already on 10.5(2)SU3a, you can review the release notes for any release above 10.5(1)SU1 to make sure they have the fix, and upgrade to it. 10.5(2) is the maintenance release for the 10.5 train, 10.5(1) will no longer get any fixes, the last SU for that version is from Oct-2014.

HTH

java

hi , i try to Use a non-CUCM DHCP Server, 

i have created  dhcp server on the router , the phone took ip address but it's still on the upgrading state! 

any advice please or i have to upgrade ?

--------------------------------------------------------------

ip dhcp excluded-address 10.30.255.254

ip dhcp pool voice
network 10.30.0.0 255.255.0.0
default-router 10.30.25.254
option 150 ip 10.10.0.1

10.5(1) was quite buggy, if you want to use it for DHCP, you have no option but to upgrade. Otherwise, you'll have to use an IOS device for DHCP as explained by the bug.

HTH

java

hi, 

have I to do an upgrade also for the unity connection ,

if yes, this upgrade will be done by using the same iso file 

UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.10000-6.sgn_3 ?

That's up to you, it's not a requirement, and yes, you'll use the same ISO you use for CUCM.

HTH

java