cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BEK6000 11.5 Cluster Install

ryanfinnegan44
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple BEK6000 11.5 clusters with 1 PUB and 1 SUB for new clients. I found out that your ISO file is already loaded on your CUCM/CUCN/IM&P virtual machine from Cisco. You can still load the ISO file but I figure I would save two days of work. When I used the console feature through my VM Client(Vsphere) it didn't go through the normal Wizard. In the normal wizard it would ask you if it was a PUB or SUB. I was able to setup all of the network configuration through the CLI. How do I configure this node as a Subscriber? Through the GUI I was able to add the server, setup my CM group etc... I know its not going to replicate the database. Do you have to follow the custom installation, attach your ISO, load your ISO, to go through the wizard settings?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

6K is assumed to be a single box solution (which you can later expand), so, all of the apps that come pre-installed/pre-built consider themselves the PUB, that's why there's no question if they're going to be a SUB.

Yes, the only way to use them for anything else, besides them being the PUB, is to wipe them, and create new VMs with the ISO from the datastore, which will give you the traditional installation wizard.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ryan,

BE6K application are pre-loaded with software however you input system information thru wizard.

You can use same ISO to install CUCM Sub. We dont have separate ISO for sub.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Mohammed Khan,

Thank you for your response. When I launched my console for the very first time I didn't get a wizard with IP, DNS, NTP, Location, etc... like you usually do. I had the blue screen background but the only questions/options I got were administrative username and password, security username and password, and a service username and password and it loaded. That's my problem, I didn't get the normal wizard. I tried this on 2 different servers and same output.

Thanks!

In my opinion, delete the VM start the installation from scratch.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

I am having the same issue. So in your experience the only way to make the second BE6K a subscriber is to delete the preinstalled CUCM application and reinstall from scratch like previous versions?

6K is assumed to be a single box solution (which you can later expand), so, all of the apps that come pre-installed/pre-built consider themselves the PUB, that's why there's no question if they're going to be a SUB.

Yes, the only way to use them for anything else, besides them being the PUB, is to wipe them, and create new VMs with the ISO from the datastore, which will give you the traditional installation wizard.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Thank you, I didn't want to load the ISO on the SUB node until I had confirmation.

-Ryan