cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best option for listen-only mailbox with multiple messages

hoffmann74
Level 1
Level 1

I need to recreate a Employment Information Line we currently have on our old Octel voicemail system in Unity (9.1.2) and I am not sure the best way to go about it. 

On a call handler I have set up, pressing 1 is supposed to take them to Job Listings, where the caller listens to messages describing the current job openings. So, anywhere from 1 - 10 recorded messages would play seamlessly describing the positions.

My question is, how is the best way to set it up for an employee to be able to record multiple job listing messages that will play on this Job Listing line?

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Since you mentioned that you were going to be using caller input to create all the options, I assumed you'd create a call handler for each, and manage them independently.

That would also be the only way to do what you want, you configure the after greeting action of one to send you to the next one and so on.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You probably want to configure the greetings administrator to do that.

HTH

java

Thank you. I have gotten the Greetings Administrator set up.

Any idea if it is possible to record multiple greetings to play in a row?

Instead of just setting up one long "Standard" recording off all the jobs open. I need the staff to be able to record a message describing each job individually, as new jobs are added.

For instance, when a calls in and chooses option 1, then would hear the greetings -- "Job description 1", "Job description 2", "Job description 3", etc. etc. all in a row, without any additional input.

Or, can I just set up a voicemail box where the messages left (job descriptions) can be heard by anyone who calls that number?

Since you mentioned that you were going to be using caller input to create all the options, I assumed you'd create a call handler for each, and manage them independently.

That would also be the only way to do what you want, you configure the after greeting action of one to send you to the next one and so on.

HTH

java

OK. Someone who is not involved with call management at all is going to be creating the recordings, so I was hoping to avoid having to do call handler management each time. Plus, the number of jobs/greetings will fluctuate constantly, so it is hard to determine how many handlers will be needed.

I really needed someone just to be able to record multiple messages that the public could hear without my intervening continuously.

No, that's just not possible, this has to be configured to do so, the alternative is to create just one, try to fit them all in the time CUC allows for the greetings, and then re-record the whole thing every time you need to change it.

HTH

java