cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Way to Migrate Configuration from 8.5 to 12.5

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Working on migrating a system (BE5K) from 8.5 to 12.5.  I've down the preliminary setup (CSS, VG, Partitions, etc) but wondering the best way to migrate all the current settings over.  I've exported and imported the users/phones using BAT but curious if that's a good method to move additional configuration.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nope, no other way, from a 5K the only way to migrate to a 6K, 7K or regular CUCM is to use BAT. You'll have to then massage the data as necessary so it's properly formatted to be inserted into the new CUCM.

The recommended way at the time (drive to 9 program when 9.x was just out) was to install the same version in a regular CUCM install to input the BAT data as is, and then you could simply upgrade or use PCD.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for that.  Is there a good way to edit the BAT files once they're created?  I noticed that some of my multi-line phones didn't import if they were using a phone template that allowed for 5 lines and only had 4 defined.  

I've done it that way as well but since I can no longer get a license file for the correct version of CUCM I can't import all the phones into the regular CUCM installation.