Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking CIPC registration for remote users

henrick16
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to find out if Call Manager has any feature that would block a user from being able to register the phone when trying to connect from a specific IP range?  I know this can be accomplished using access lists at the switch level or on the VPN gateway but was hoping there was a way it could be done on Call Manager. 

We have a cluster configured in the APAC region and I don't want to block all users who have a soft-phone only the users based out of India because of the rules put in place by the India Department of Telecom.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM has no such feature, the only feature that uses the IP from the device to change the configuration depending on where they might be, is device mobility.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM has no such feature, the only feature that uses the IP from the device to change the configuration depending on where they might be, is device mobility.

HTH

java

Jaime,

Would you mind expanding on that a little? How would you do that via Device Mobility? They could then theoretically create mobile profiles for using CIPC and restrict it through the IP based upon location?

Thank you in advance.

Jason

For the sake of clarity, I didn't mean that you could do what you're asking with device mobility, I meant that the ONLY feature that makes use of the IP of the device is device mobility, you can adjust a few settings with that feature, but NOT prevent them from registering.

HTH

java

Jaime,

Thanks! I was hoping there was that ability and that I just hadn't found it yet.

Jason

Could Device Mobility assign a different CSS based on subnet, or different Local Route Group? Rather than stop the phones registering, but as a mechanism to prohibit non-compliant calls. From memory the rules in India allow site to site internal calls, but not calls that break out to the PSTN in a different country.